enlighten me

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by winger, Nov 5, 2010.

1. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i don't get the celebration with gettin drawn for duck parks. seems people have a party for the honor to hunt their public land when told by the massah. personally, yeah you see ducks but other than that i don't get it. mound/blind shy, weary, shot at everyday whether 10 yards or 100 yards out. birds that work only to flare at distant gun shots. i guess i just don't get it. had some great hunts on public spots that weren't duck parks and never seen another hunter and didn't have to get permission from massah to do it. plus i could go every day ifn' i wanted to. is it a status thing:confused: only duck park i hunt is open and we get away from the crowd as not to deal with any problems.

2. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Its just think its kind of funny with all the fuss.A guy I know got drawn opening weekend, I get drawn this weekend and all the folks on here that got in.

3. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    half-hearted weekend warriors!! The only way they can get a duck is if the MDC draws the ducks and tells the folks where to go on the property... High fence big game hunting, it is very similar....

4. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    This is only my second year of duck hunting and can shoot ducks without going there but I like to hunt different places.If I don't get in its no big deal I'll just go someplace else but if I do thats just another place to hunt.

5. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    It is the EASY button Winger. I don't know of a single hardcore waterfowler that is into the duck parks. They all want the parks to be "open" areas with the exception of the ADA blinds. THe easy button folks don't put in the time scouting and they know they will see ducks at the koolaid stand because of the mega refuges that MDC plants with food. By hunting the park, they have taken the guesswork out of duck hunting. Show up pick a blind or pool and then rush off like a bunch of lemmings headed for the cliff. If the lack of open areas wasn't bad enough know MDC has started quick draw with NO PUBLIC INPUT. It won't be long until the sportsmen of this state call for a cancellation of the sales tax as MDC seems oblivious to the wants and needs of the folks they are supposed to be working for.:mad2:

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    well said dada

7. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    I was out in CO Springs earlier this Fall for the Army. I was in the PX (military Walmart for those that didn't know), and this lady hands me a raffle ticket. I asked the lady what the ticket was for and she told me that they were going to have a drawing soon for a prize. I says OK and go on my way. A little bit later, I hear over the loud speaker, "If you have your raffle ticket, move over to the jewelery department for the drawing...You must be present to win." So I am a bit intrigued so I mosey on over to the jewelery dept and check it out. Long story short, this lady runs through a sales pitch on some crap necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. After she is done, she draws out a number and reads it off. This dude next to me starts jumping up and down and yelling that he won! The dude is so excited that he won something, he didn't even know what it was. So she explains that he is the "lucky one" who gets a 50% discount on the crap she is selling. He was so excited that he bought the crap.

So the meaning of the parable...some dudes just want to win something.

Have a nice day.

8. You boys got her all figured ouy don't ya? Well here's the deal, my normal spots aint got water yet, and the public walk in hunting I hunt a lot is gonna slam full due to otter slough and the quickdraw. Glad to see you boys got us all figured out. I mean with such dirt cheap leases in semo, and the whole whopping one walk oin area down here, and very few other places where a duck even goes, why would you go hunt somewhere loaded with ducks? Glad you boys feel the need to try and say folks are inferioe duck hunters, since they actually hunt the duck parks there tax dollars help pay to run. Do I like having to deal with the circus? Nope, hate it. Do have other spots, a few. Do I think yall need kicked in the sack for being condesending tards, yep. Cause I for one wasn't trying to make a big deal about getting drawn, just trying to help folks who do hunt the parks get a feel for how the quickdraw is working. Maybe ill go start a thread and try and figure out why duck hunters, for the most part, are such d-bags. :D

9. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    [rquote=1881425&tid=131018&author=Chad]Maybe ill go start a thread and try and figure out why duck hunters, for the most part, are such d-bags. :D[/rquote]

I can answer that one for ya. It's cause they have so much fun with it.:D
    I'm with ya on this one Chad. I know lots of hard core waterfowlers that hunt the parks. They usually don't like the system any better than anyone else, and always have a back-up.
    Hey winger, I bet I beat ya to the spot at that open public area:stirpot:

10. And sk, I really thought better of you thamnm this. Especially coming from all the alton blind posts. Yall post page upon page about that hole. Don't you have to draw from the mdc to get one? And don't they tell you where to put them? And even have to inspect them down to the brushing? Now get back to throwing rocks at folks doing the same, but in a duck park rather than the river. :D
    [rquote=1881325&tid=131018&author=Skduckhunt]half-hearted weekend warriors!! The only way they can get a duck is if the MDC draws the ducks and tells the folks where to go on the property... High fence big game hunting, it is very similar....[/rquote]

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    A great thought for the day..

Those who defend are guilty...

:D

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh goodie... another duck park thread. :claphands:

I'm gonna go start an AR thread right quick to balance things out... brb. :D

13. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1881492&tid=131018&author=rat]Oh goodie... another duck park thread. :claphands:

I'm gonna go start an AR thread right quick to balance things out... brb. :D[/rquote]

Schweet :rof2:

14. [rquote=1881492&tid=131018&author=rat]Oh goodie... another duck park thread. :claphands:

I'm gonna go start an AR thread right quick to balance things out... brb. :D[/rquote]Gotta keep that delicate balance

15. I aint got no need to defend nothing. Just responding. Nother thought for the day, folks who try and act superior, seldom are. :cheers:
    [rquote=1881481&tid=131018&author=Rebel]A great thought for the day..

Those who defend are guilty...

:D[/rquote]

16. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    MDC is "do'in it right" with the duck parks. All other states should follow there lead....:D

17. Now that yall cried your eyes out, who wants to hunt otter thursday? :D

18. Not me if its not a weekend im not going seeing as thats when the warriors show up to hunt :D :wave:

19. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well i much rather put in for the quick draw and hope to get one of the 90% hunting spots then go do the poorman line for a 10% chance ot hunt. Last season i stod in the poor man line for a 30% chance to hunt.

I have not changed the plases i hunt just forced to change the method i find out if i hunt.

And a FYI it was not us down here hwo belly acked to the MDC about the long drives to duck park disney only to not get a pill low enouf to get a poor man spot. It was the yahoos up in city way or father around the state. SO dont be bashing us Southern duck hunters week end warriors thouhg we might be. But you willl see we will be out there 4 days durring the week.

I guess all the city duck hunters want us local boys to not put in so they can have better chance sof getting drawn into duck park disney?

Its no diferent then putting in for a maneged deer hunt.

When this quick draw system goes state wide next year I guess by your posts that non of you will use the quick draw system? I beet you will be putting in and jsut as happy as we are that you got drawn. After all you are as adicted to duck hunitng as us southern boys are.