Ended it quick - now can get back to duck huntin

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by dabbler1also, Nov 13, 2010.

1. dabbler1also

dabbler1also New Member

May 25, 2003
    Independence
    I was done by 7 am - nuthn great - just some meat for the freezer....and it was in a non antler restriction county so the 4 point was legal. Killed the doe and the 4 pointer....button buck was the landowners deer just hanging out for the group photo :D

[​IMG]

2. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    :cheers:, dont have to be out in that wind no more

3. dabbler1also

dabbler1also New Member

May 25, 2003
    Independence
    Actually funny you say that - I would have bet the activity would have been in the ditch this morning with the cooler temps and 15+ mile per hour winds....that is where I spent most of my time watching - but caught glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye and it was the big doe walking out into the open field....she walked straight up into the windy part and stopped. Mistake on her part. The buck was about 20 minutes later - same spot only came from the opposite direction...saw five more in that field that got a pass because I don't spend a ton of money on tags.

Here is something I find funny - the landowners Son was interested in the scent glands off the doe to put by where he is setting up this evening.....when we were going to cut them off there is not one bit of smell to them....it is November 13th and I can't believe she hasn't been dribblin on them???? Any thoughts? Surely she hasn't already been had and done for the year? Or has she maybe not started? Just seemed odd.

4. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Good job! Got urself lots o meat and 2 soup stirers!

Possible she was a late drop, fawn so she may not even come in till late rut!

5. dabbler1also

dabbler1also New Member

May 25, 2003
    Independence
    I think you missed it - the doe is the one I am talking about - she is bigger than the antlered buck - probably a 3 1/2 year old deer. The little one is a button buck the landowner got.

And, as I was driving down the road after my second post I realized I was going 1000 mph when I made that post.....scent PADs...not glands:pop:

6. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009