Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Don't mind me
9,970 Posts
But for those prices I’ll just buy from Norma. They have shipped fast and I’ve been very happy with the end product.

No kidding. You can buy WAY better ammo at the same prices Remington is charging.
A lot of time you can buy the Norma loaded ammo for about the same price their brass costs. Quality stuff!

·
1,829 Posts
Walmart Lake St. Louis had quite a bit of 22LR (Remington, Super X, CCI, a few 22WMR, and a few boxes of 30-30, 270, 308, 350 Legend.

3 box limit. I picked up (2) boxes of 22 mag and left some for the next guy instead of hoarding.

·
14,451 Posts
Question about storing ammo, If someone were to have a few rounds of ammo to fill 10-15 ammo cans or maybe 2 to 3 times more, where do you store them if you do not have ammo cans, or even if you do?

·
Under appreciated
91,935 Posts
I have a separate gun safe for all of my ammunition. Just keep it in the original boxes except for a few mags I keep loaded for each gun.

Thats how I do it anyway...

Reactions: beanpile

·
Registered
32,789 Posts
Reactions: rat

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Storage Indoors, temp controlled, off the ground, the Husky wire shelves usually $200 or under at Home Depot/lowes work well. Just make sure whatever shelving / cabinets you use can hold the weight.

·
14,451 Posts
I have a separate gun safe for all of my ammunition. Just keep it in the original boxes except for a few mags I keep loaded for each gun.

Thats how I do it anyway...
I was/am on a truck forum and they have a gun thread and some were saying they have one or 2 gun safes full of ammo plus safes for their guns. Then they got to talking which is best in case of a house fire, loose in a wooden box or in a gun safe whether fire rated or not. .....with different studies of both etc....

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
I was at Cabelas last night, they had quite a bit of Deer hunting ammo in stock. I did pick up a box of 50 .223 Rem Hornady 55gr SP's for $35. Thought that was a decent price by todays standards. :D

They had a lot of Win White box 55gr FMJ for $12.99, seems that .223 Rem is plentiful. They even had some boxed of 12ga Target loads for $99. Saw a flat of Kent 3.5" steel too.

Reactions: Wibb and beanpile

·
Under appreciated
91,935 Posts
They were probably over-producing .223 with all the craziness and now there is a glut of them.

They've been available for some time now.

·
14,451 Posts
Farm store had 12 ga #5 TSS turkey 5 in a box $31.99 and a boxes of 10 3.5inch turkey loads copper plated...

·
Don't mind me
9,970 Posts
I was/am on a truck forum and they have a gun thread and some were saying they have one or 2 gun safes full of ammo plus safes for their guns. Then they got to talking which is best in case of a house fire, loose in a wooden box or in a gun safe whether fire rated or not. .....with different studies of both etc....
My expectation is that my guns and ammo will be trashed if my house burns whether they are in a safe for not. I have safes for theft deterrence and safe storage. If my house burns I'm sending them a list of serial numbers and scope receipts and praying.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
They were probably over-producing .223 with all the craziness and now there is a glut of them.

They've been available for some time now.
Well, per the media, AR-15's are the most powerful rifle ever devised by the military aparatus.... :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That looks very reasonable! Wonder what their 25-06 ammo looks like. I have two daughters that shoot them and for some reason they are stupidly expensive.
The 243 kills paper just fine, lol. The lead tips on the soft points seem more uniform than my Remmy CoreLokts. Brass is definitely quality, should reload nicely for those into that kind of thing. If not, save it and resell it. With how hard components are to find these days it could be quicker and more lucrative than the old $2/box rebates.
Haven’t shot the bondstrikes yet but looking forward to it.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts