Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Don't mind me
9,959 Posts
I am kind of holding out on the results I get with the ones I have. Which might be a loooooong way from now. I bought them because the price was fair and I just wanted SOMETHING lol.

Wish I could find a deal on some 170 grain power points though. Looks like they load almost all of them at the factory? I wonder what the next best thing might be.
You could get something like these

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Busy busy, but please know we are backordered unbelievably. We are concentrating on our highest volume backorders, and arent gaining much ground yet. We have started selling ammunition, right now we have 9mm, 45 acp, and some 380 on stock as well as some 223. As to bullets for reloading and in the seconds store, if it's not a 30 caliber 168 or 175 MK, a 22 caliber 55 BK or 69 and 77 MK we probably dont have it. We did just start running some 6mm hunting bullets which surprised me, there may be some of those in the outlet. I've been doing this 31 years and have never seen a surge of this magnitude nor one that lasted as long as this one.

·
Under appreciated
91,832 Posts
Shotgun shells are hard to come by now, at least Cabelas didnt have much. Cabelas is never a very good indicator of the market though.

They had all kinds of rifle though, lots of 556, 223, 22rimfire, fair assortmaent of centerfire big game and some pistol ammo to be had as well.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Shotgun shells were common enough through hunting season. As soon as you see the federal steel shells in the 100 round blue box you gotta jump on it though. I left them alone this year because I still had plenty leftover, spent my ammo money on 30-30 shells instead lol. Got gouged too!

·
Registered
70,368 Posts
Last week I shot up a few rounds in my 17 hmr. I stopped by Bass Pro in Independence this afternoon to pick up a few boxes of which they have always had plenty the last few months. NADA....none...zilch. 22LR out the yingyang but not one box of 17 hmr. Still have a box of 50 but that's not acceptable. Must be all those predator hunters out there shooting at yotes since deer season is over with. Gotta kill sumptin.

·
just a no body
15,518 Posts
Last week I shot up a few rounds in my 17 hmr. I stopped by Bass Pro in Independence this afternoon to pick up a few boxes of which they have always had plenty the last few months. NADA....none...zilch. 22LR out the yingyang but not one box of 17 hmr. Still have a box of 50 but that's not acceptable. Must be all those predator hunters out there shooting at yotes since deer season is over with. Gotta kill sumptin.
shootn yotes with 17's?

·
Registered
983 Posts
It works on yotes. Not a DRT every time kind of thing but it will kill yotes for sure, will even kill a hog too but sometimes you have to shoot two or three times. Not talking about headshots either. Great varmint round. Keep shooting till they die.

Reactions: Barnold1

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Plenty of ammo on the shelves in the shop. 'Course what I mostly shoot you're never going to see in a gun shop, wally world, academy or likely anyplace else. All I need for components is LP primers for stock.

Reactions: Bob58

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
BPS in Springfield had a pile of 9mm on Thursday. Last month I stopped in and they had a bunch of Longbeard XR 3" #5 shot but it must have all sold since then. Glad I picked up a few boxes at that time. As for rifles, they had plenty of .223, 308, a little bit of 30-06, 450 Bustmaster and 350 Legend with a few other strays mixed in. I did finally see some Winchester Ballistic Tips 130gr .270 at a Walmart the other day. That's the first .270 130gr I've found in forever. I keep my eyes open for .300 win mag ammo but no bueno for a while now.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You can buy directly from Remington now, free shipping over $149. Vista Outdoors is quite proud of the new ammo lines. Looks like 30-50% increase compared to pre bankruptcy #2. But it is nice to see I could just order some 7MM Mag instead of searching around town for it.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts