Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by the local gun shop and they had a great selection of ammo. More than what i have seen in months. 30/30, 30/06, 270 all sorts of calibers. The 270 was Remington Core Locks for 35 a box. I did not see all calibers but i was impressed with what they had. Hopefully this is the start of whats to come.

·
Under appreciated
91,832 Posts
I noticed a much bigger selection couple weeks ago at cabelas. Plenty of .223. Still out of a lot of the most common centerfire deer calibers but coming on slowly but surely.
.22 pretty available also.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I’m not sitting on a ton of ammo but I have enough so I don’t need to spend that much. I will not spend $30 or more for standard ammo like corelokt or power points, etc. It’s getting better but I would not say it’s over when the guys that have it in stock are still gouging.

Reactions: bverboy

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,037 Posts
.22 available at what price?
They had the Rem 500ct boxes for $42 the other day, and the Win SuperX 300 ct boxes for $35 I think it was......

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,037 Posts
When I talked at the guys at circle reloading, they said that 9mm, 22lr, 45acp would probably be fairly available soon.

But, could still be a long time until reloaders can start relying on getting components.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have gotten those new production Remington thunderbolts for as little as $17 something a brick fairly recently, and have paid as much as $30 a brick. This is more recently than the last 6 months, from Walmart.

That said I’d still be willing to pay $40 for a brick of thunderbolts in a pinch.

·
Registered
983 Posts
That was a hard lesson for me. I picked up one of those cheap 30-30 lee loader kits from midway at the peak of the ammo shortage, I had it set to remind me when it was in stock for months by then. Those kits were gone in a few minutes. I have plenty of 30-30 brass but I have not seen components that I want for any price I will pay on the shelf, and I’m not paying hazmat shipping for so little.

Now that I have all the 30-30 ammo I need for the meantime I am holding out for a great deal. Plenty of brass on hand but so far the only suitable bullets I have found are the Hornady flex tips, I bought them

·
just a no body
15,518 Posts
That was a hard lesson for me. I picked up one of those cheap 30-30 lee loader kits from midway at the peak of the ammo shortage, I had it set to remind me when it was in stock for months by then. Those kits were gone in a few minutes. I have plenty of 30-30 brass but I have not seen components that I want for any price I will pay on the shelf, and I’m not paying hazmat shipping for so little.

Now that I have all the 30-30 ammo I need for the meantime I am holding out for a great deal. Plenty of brass on hand but so far the only suitable bullets I have found are the Hornady flex tips, I bought them
I have some extra flex tips if you are ever interested. I'd have to count them tho.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I am kind of holding out on the results I get with the ones I have. Which might be a loooooong way from now. I bought them because the price was fair and I just wanted SOMETHING lol.

Wish I could find a deal on some 170 grain power points though. Looks like they load almost all of them at the factory? I wonder what the next best thing might be.

·
just a no body
15,518 Posts
I am kind of holding out on the results I get with the ones I have. Which might be a loooooong way from now. I bought them because the price was fair and I just wanted SOMETHING lol.

Wish I could find a deal on some 170 grain power points though. Looks like they load almost all of them at the factory? I wonder what the next best thing might be.
have you checked Sierra?

·
Registered
983 Posts
No I haven’t. I guess that would be wise since they are not 30 minutes away lol.

I meant to say though, I appreciate the offer.

Reactions: beanpile

·
Registered
70,368 Posts
I haven't been to the Sierra pla t in Sedalia for a couple of years now. I've been holding off on my shooting time through all of the past shortage of components. I have plenty of my favorites still on hand. Curious as to if Sierra still has their "seconds" store open? Before all this "Ammo Shortage" came about I could walk in and buy as much as I ever wanted no matter the caliber and weight. 99% were exactly the same as what came in the green boxes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts