Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
That's not an Encore, that is a White!!! hehehe, good pics, nice display!!!

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
This was a trick post... I was thinkin' Encore myself as I had forgotten JBman had a White.:dancin:

Jack

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
fine lookin gun there

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Pro Hunter er sumpin like dat. Gonna have a new (sorta) type of breechplug too that won't work in current Encores. Ah've got some hearsay 'bout whut it iz but ah'm sworn ta secrecy.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If your only use for it will be muzzleloading and money is much of a consideration..... I would honestly say no.

That doesn't mean they are not very fine rifles, I own one and have owned a couple more. All good rifles even though it took quite an effort to turn one of them into a shooter (the one I still have).

So far as pure muzzleloader use, there are a number of rifles that handle recoil better, handle a wider variety of projectiles well, tend to be less finicky overall, and cost less.

If you are going to buy an Encore, I would wait to see what the Shot Show reveals in a week or so.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I'll second UC's notion about not buying an Encore for just the muzzleloading aspect. Many new MLers to choose from that are a couple of hundred bucks cheaper and shoot very well. My Encore has more kick than any other MLer I shoot and shot developement was difficult. Just something to think about before you buy an Encore.

Jack

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Doc White found a bunch of brand new barreled actions for the White Lightning in .504 and the Whitetail in .410 caliber. Says there will be some great bargains on them......I've already emailed him.

Ernie, you listenin? :D

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Oh Ernie!!!!:eek:

Jack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts