encore presentation

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by JBMan, Feb 3, 2006.

1. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
  2. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    and another

3. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
  4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

That's not an Encore, that is a White!!! hehehe, good pics, nice display!!!

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    This was a trick post... I was thinkin' Encore myself as I had forgotten JBman had a White.:dancin:

Jack

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    fine lookin gun there

7. ladeerman

ladeerman Active Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Laccassine, LA
    While we're on the subject of Encores, I've heard that they are coming out with a "precision barrel" model.

8. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Pro Hunter er sumpin like dat. Gonna have a new (sorta) type of breechplug too that won't work in current Encores. Ah've got some hearsay 'bout whut it iz but ah'm sworn ta secrecy.

9. ladeerman

ladeerman Active Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Laccassine, LA
    Been thinking about buying a regular encore. Wonder if they're worth it..

10. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    If your only use for it will be muzzleloading and money is much of a consideration..... I would honestly say no.

That doesn't mean they are not very fine rifles, I own one and have owned a couple more. All good rifles even though it took quite an effort to turn one of them into a shooter (the one I still have).

So far as pure muzzleloader use, there are a number of rifles that handle recoil better, handle a wider variety of projectiles well, tend to be less finicky overall, and cost less.

If you are going to buy an Encore, I would wait to see what the Shot Show reveals in a week or so.

11. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I'll second UC's notion about not buying an Encore for just the muzzleloading aspect. Many new MLers to choose from that are a couple of hundred bucks cheaper and shoot very well. My Encore has more kick than any other MLer I shoot and shot developement was difficult. Just something to think about before you buy an Encore.

Jack

12. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Doc White found a bunch of brand new barreled actions for the White Lightning in .504 and the Whitetail in .410 caliber. Says there will be some great bargains on them......I've already emailed him.

Ernie, you listenin? :D

13. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Oh Ernie!!!!:eek:

Jack