elk pics finally

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by huntforfunnfood, Feb 27, 2006.

1. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    long long ago.......like last fall i brought back pics of the elk hunt the the great story of my bull but because i was out of film that day i didn't get any pics of my bull but one of the other guys did..........well i finally got a pic of it.
    so after the longest wait in history here it is.....

2. huntingmo

huntingmo New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Limbo

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
  4. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Target species! That is awesome! Where were you hunting when you bagged that beauty?

5. 8 point

8 point New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    SW MO
    I never been --- but i am going to . Nice bull congrats.:cheers: 8 point

6. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Good lookin bull!
    Congrats!
    :cheers::cheers:

7. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    public ground in CO

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Ahhh, wasn't that the suicidal bull that you MISSED, and he jumped off that cliff behind ya?????hehehe, Just kiddin T.....good pic!!!!!!

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nice bull! His head looks like itsa growin right up outa them there rocks n such!

10. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo

yep thats the bull that heard i was hunting and just commited suicide to give up he knew there was no need to fight destinay:D

oh and the reason his head is cutt off that way........i was a long ways from camp and as soon as i got to him i laid the knife to him so there would be no temptaion to carry that heavy sob out to have mounted

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Either that, or he heard how much PRACTICE you had done earlier on that hunt.....hehehe!!!!!

12. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    ok fine i missed at 30 yrds and again at 50yrds but i cant help the fool at the relaoding bench loaded long range only bullets and i had to drop one at 500yrds.

i guess you put enought lead in the air sooner or later even a blind dog will run into a wall huh

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Lol, yep!!! Sounds like you need to take your bow this fall!!! I'm hopin to be able to go again in '07...if I can afford it!!!

14. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i am out of the game this fall too i helped the guys apply for tags this week end on the computer they weren't sure they could handle it on there own.

after that bull and with the tags taking another jump i am just thinking i am going to start hiding a little cash here and there and hope in a few i can go get me a caribou now that would be cock

you know if i had my bow i couldn't have gotten with in a mile of a bull

15. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

How much did they go up? I'm with ya on the 'bou hunt...especially if you go where you could kill 2 of em. My uncle, and cuz in law are wanting to try the elk with blackpowder next time, instead of going in nov. and fighting that crowd again!!!

16. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Great pic!!! Thanks!

17. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    tags are 499 now plus you have to buy a 10.00 habit stamp unless your aged well or a youth.. and now to keep a preference point from a unsuccessful draw that cost you 25 bucks...

and there was something i didn't look that close but you have to either apply every year to keep your preference points after 5 yrs and not applying you lose them i can't remember excattly what it was.

you can submit the full money for just a point only if your trying to geather points and they will refund your tag minus the 25 bucks. techinally you couldn't do this before unless you drew and then applied for a refund.

18. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

This all is very good info for me.. I just took my Hunters Saftey course this weekend and am going to apply for the Cow Elk & the Mulie tag..both are drawings.. I'll be hunting just NW of Durango. I was told the Bull Elk tag (which is an either sex tag) can be bought over the counter (OTC)

worst case scenario is that I'll have to get a Bull tag.. dont need the Rack..aint got nowhere to put them if I did get one.. Rather eat good meat too

19. Neil

Neil New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Lee's Summit
    Beanpile
    What unit are you looking at? I am trying to get out there this fall to unit 74. I want to hunt the first rifle season which I believe is either sex.

20. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

hfff,,,,,,,,,,,thats a good bull. I was expectin a spike:D (not really) I can sure understand why your smilen,,,,,,,but I bet those hills took the smile away when you started packin.

:cheers::cheers: