Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call today from a body of mine Russ Pendergraft Visions of wildlife taxidermy. He has set up a hunt for my boy, Tristan who has asthma. We are going to Dodge City Kansas on a cow elk hunt in Jan. Tristan loves to go hunting with me, but he is only 4 years old. The Pearle putting the hunt on said as long as tristan can pull the trigger he can go.
I have had some friends already give crap about his age,
saying he cant hold the gun this kind of junk, He loves the outdoors deer hunting and turkey hunting, He is all smiles and ready to go. I feel that as long as it puts a smile on his face and a hunt that he wont ever forget its fine by me. what do you all think of this..

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Hes your son your his father its your choice end story.
No on elses opinion matters for a hunt like i suspect this must be (fenced? and i am not touching that) ....except perhaps his mothers LOL
for fair chase hunts in MO you would have some issues as regs read the youth must be able to hold the gun them selves at least for deer and turkey....

be safe and i am going to just leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Take the boy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!Screw what other people think!!!!!!!!

·
2,842 Posts
I started taking my daughter at 3. Tried getting her to shoot this year at 6. Maybe next year, more power too ya buddy. Hope he smokes a big ol nanny Elk

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
just dont forget the pics

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
I'm saying that most boys at age 4 couldn't pull off a hunt like that safely.....

The Key word is "MOST".

There has to be an exception to every rule they say.

You are the Father....and Fathers Know Best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts