Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen lots of deer this late season and I've shot 3 times but no deer...let's just leave it at that.:stickfight:
I had been seeing some does coming out into a field the last few evenings I have hunted but had been too far away for a shot. I took off early from work this afternoon and headed out to hunt. This time I positioned myself ahead of the deer's expected line of travel. I settled in about 3:40 and had just looked at my watch at 4:05 when I heard some rustling in the brush. A doe burst out in front of me at about 15 yards and trotted across a narrow opening before I could shoot. A second doe came behind her and I bleated four times before the deer stopped. I had to shove my arms and torso through a cedar tree to get a clear shot and nailed the deer behind the shoulder.
I expected the deer to fall on the spot but it ran off and surprisingly it ran 100 yards--towards the car! Both lungs were punched through but the 250 gr Hornady SST did very little damage. I'm very happy about getting a nice deer in the last hour of the season!

[file]87099[/file]

·
Registered
622 Posts
Love those Hornady SST's, Great closing hour kill. Land owner had the road so messed up we could only get up the road twice this year. Very dissapointing this year. Took a medium size doe opening day. First day of ML, saw 20 turks, but no deer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.