Electric Knife

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Crappie, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Have tried BPS knives ,wally worls knives and normally burn then up.What type do you all use?

2. Asked for and got a new 12v Rapala E-Knife for Christmas. Haven't used it yet on fish but carved a turkey pretty good. Hopefully will be putting it to the test this spring ;)

3. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Sounds good..

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I've got a Rapala that plugs into a wall outlet, and I've had nothing but good luck with it. I've had it for two years and its still running strong. I wouldn't want to say how many crappie I've cleaned with it because I wouldn't want to incriminate myself.

:roll2: :D :peepwall:

Oh, its got an attachment to plug in to a vehicle too.

Parker

5. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Thats where I'm comung from. Wish I could invent a water cooled self blade cleaning model$$$$$

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I've tried a bunch of them and they will all fail eventually or get dull. I do like the one JigMan posted though for its convenience. I don't think anyone really makes these knives to filet hundreds of fish over and over.

Jack

7. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    VERY true. Kinda like a car, they're made to wear out.

Parker

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I just use the old mister twister e-knives. Got two and always good to have a backup.

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I use the same electric knife that my dad used for years. I couldn't even tell you the brand but it's been around and filleting fish forever. Thousands of fish and still going strong.

10. bassbuster83

bassbuster83 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    IMPERIAL
    instead of buying the fish electric knifes i buy the meat carving electric knife at wal mart I was impressed at how fast and stong they are compared to the ones for fish.

11. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    I have had my knives many many years, 12&120v and I can't tell you what brand, but they have both filleted a lot of fish and are still going strong. I don't like the rechargable knives. On a big catch they just dont "cut it"

12. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :hysterical: HAVE I EVER MENTIONED THAT I LOVE THIS GUY?! :hysterical:

Parker

13. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    You guys a sharp!

14. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I think what actually makes us look that way is that its DULL in WI. That's what makes it look like we are on the CUTTING EDGE of humor!

You can stick around though Snowy, cause you're a funny dude, and you can HACK IT.

Go ahead! Take a SLICE of the pie! I don't want you to think I don't like you, cause I don't want to SEVER TIES!

:D

Parker

15. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
  16. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I know it didn't make much sense, but I was trying!

:peepwall: :hysterical:

Parker

17. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    Hey you took a STAB at it! I think you were KEEN, I had a hard time getting a HANDLE on it. You are really quite a CUT-UP. I think I need to HONE up my sence of humor just to understand a SHARPE person like you!

18. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    I wonder what's next!:peepwall::peepwall:

19. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Stover
    Now that I think of it the topic is about electric knives isn"t it.

AC DC..OOPS can't go there this is G rated!

20. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I agree with bassbuster.. I like the meat carving styles.

Stay sharper longer, quick and easy. No need for knives that are shaped like filet knives when doing crappie, anyway.

I have had the same one for 4yrs now and have an exact backup that I have yet to use.