electric dryer troubleshooting.

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Cook, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Cook

Cook Active Member

May 28, 2003
    Never got hot this morning,or even warm.Tried all the settings,and ran fine,just no heat.

I'll pull it out after the kids go to school and pull the back off it...and then what??

No multi-meter to test the elements..guess I could go buy one later.Besides the obvious,burnt/loose wire,blown fuse,is there anything I can check for visually?

Maytag if that makes a difference...I got no problem just buying another used one for 50-100 bucks if thats the cheaper route.

2. olshep

olshep New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Antonia, Mo.
    Every time I faced this problem the element was bad.

3. Cook

Cook Active Member

May 28, 2003
    That was my first thought,just like elec. water heaters...

4. Hunter79

Hunter79 Active Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    [rquote=1873417&tid=130476&author=olshep]Every time I faced this problem the element was bad.[/rquote]

x2. A good multimeter would come in handy when checking that but I'd say that's what it is. Mine was caused to go out because our outlet for the hose that goes outside was clogged. It then got the dryer too hot and blew the element. I have to check that thing at least once a month now and there's always something in there that I take out. I have had no problems since though.

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    had that problem last week,bought one on ebay for 13 bucks verse 50 at the store

6. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    SOunds like an element to me. Check with Ghosthunter.

7. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    What is the model number Cook most of them are front service?

I can Help-Just give me the model number.

:D

8. Cook

Cook Active Member

May 28, 2003
    once again,Dave comes thru!!Thanks for the help!!:eek:::eek::