Electric blanket anyone?

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Vector, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D Surely with as many country folk as we've got around here, there's a few more people out there running off of electric heat, and wood stoves to where an electric blanket is a nice accessory at night?

I'm trying to find one that is worth a hoot, and it is just NOT happening? It appears Sunbeam is junk for sure?

Can I get away with just buying one for the bottom of the bed rather than paying the king size price, or am I going to bite myself doing that?

I'm all eyes. :D

Parker

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    IF YOU REALLY WANT A GOOD ELECTRIC HEAT FOR THE BED.............. GET THE ELECTRIC HEATED MATTRESS PAD! THEY ARE SOOOOO WORTH IT! LIKE THEM A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THE BLANKETS.

3. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1873331&tid=130470&author=cfrazee_mo]IF YOU REALLY WANT A GOOD ELECTRIC HEAT FOR THE BED.............. GET THE ELECTRIC HEATED MATRESS COVER! THEY ARE SOOOOO WORTH IT! LIKE THEM A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THE BLANKETS.

[/rquote]

I was looking at those, but I don't know if I can hang? I don't want it to be hot? Just want it for me feets more than anything. :D

Parker

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    OK I JUST WENT AND LOOKED AND THE ONE I HAVE IS A SUNBEAM. BUT..... THIS IS IS 7TH YEAR AND IT STILL WORKS GREAT! I THINK THAT THE BLANKETS GET TOO MUCH FLEXING IN THE WIRES AND THEY BREAK. THE MATTRESS PAD DOES NOT BEND NEARLY AS MUCH.

AND ALSO WASHING THEM IS HARD ON THEM. WITH THE PATTRESS PAD, YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD ANOTHER SHEET SO THAT THERE ARE 2 FITTED SHEETS ON THE BED TO HELP KEEP IT CLEANER AND THAT WAY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WASH IT AS MUCH!

THE HEAT FROM UNDER WILL KEEP YOU A LOT WARMER SINCE HEAT RISES. MY KIDS LOVE THEIRS. I HAD TO GIVE MINE UP AFTER THE TEMPERPEDIC MATTRESS (NO HEAT ALLOWED).

YOU CAN ADJUST THEM TO ANY TEMP YOU WANT TO AND THEY HAVE DUEL CONTROLS SO YOU CAN BE COOLER ON YOUR SIDE THAT THE WIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE! THAT PART I LOVED!

THEY ARE GREAT FOR WARMING THE BED BEFORE GETTING IN ON A COLD NIGHT TOO!

5. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :confused: Guess I'm going to have to find out about the no heat allowed too!

Man! What a research project! :D :whiteflag:

Might just have to go with the old red water bottle. :D

Parker

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    http://www.foamorder.com/tempur-pedic_4.html

CAN I USE AN ELECTRIC BLANKET WITH MY TEMPUR PEDIC MATTRESS?
    We do not recommend using electric blankets with the Tempur- Pedic mattress. The exposure to direct heat over extended periods of time can cause damage to the TEMPUR material. We suggest that if at bedtime your mattress is too cold, try turning up the bedroom thermostat for twenty to thirty minutes before going to bed. Once you are in bed, the mattress will warm up quickly in response to your body heat. If you do choose to use an electric blanket to warm your mattress before bedtime, we recommend that you turn it off after 30 minutes to avoid overexposing the TEMPUR material to high heat.

Heated mattress pads:
    We do not recommend using heated mattress pads. The extended application of direct heat can eventually damage the TEMPUR material, reducing its therapeutic properties. Even when not used for heating, the pad will prevent the transfer of body heat into the TEMPUR material, reducing the therapeutic effect of the mattress.

Heating Pads:
    We do not advise the use of heating pads on the Tempur-Pedic mattress. The same problems that occur with heated mattress pads and electric blankets are intensified with the high heat of a heating pad.

If a heating pad must be used, insulate the mattress from the direct heat of the heating pad. A pillow, folded towel, folded blanket, etc. between the mattress and the heating pad will do. Feel the mattress after 30 minutes: if the mattress feels hot, it is getting too much heat and needs more insulation. If the mattress only feels warm, the mattress is being adequately insulated.

JUST NOT GOOD FOR THE MATTRESS AND THE STUFF IT IS MADE OUT OF. I AM NOT GOING TO SPEND THAT KINDA MONEY AND BLOW IT WITH A HEATED BLANKET! LOL

7. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D I hear ya. Thanks for the help!

Parker

8. Mailman

Mailman Retired Drip (Expert)

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Vince....you already have a foot warmer on order......You just have to wait till it is born.

(puppy)

9. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    I bought the cheap ones at Big Lots around $40 for a queen,5 yrs old

10. Cook

Cook Active Member

May 28, 2003
    If its for your feet only,just get a heating pad..they have other uses only......not sure why sunbeam is junk...they been around a long time.

11. woodcarver

woodcarver Active Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Smithville
    Parker the one we got goes under the mattress pad and it has zones. Where your feet are is the warmest, to hardly any up by your head.

I put mine on a Christmas tree timer so its warm before I get there and it shuts off before the alarm to encourage us to get up.

12. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1873430&tid=130470&author=Cook]not sure why sunbeam is junk...they been around a long time.[/rquote]

The amazon reviews as a whole are horrible.

Parker

13. Cook

Cook Active Member

May 28, 2003
    That may be,but we've had sunbeam items since I was a kid..hairdryers,curling irons,elec. heaters...whatever and they worked about as good as anything else...a 12$ heating pad to keep yer tootsies warm ain't bad..and if it lasts 2-3 years thats a bonos..your feet-your call