Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remington 11-87 and after I take a shot the round will not eject. It will eject manually. I have probably put 500 rounds thru this shotgun and have never had a problem. Anybody have any Idea why this might be? I have looked it over and and dont see anything obvious. :sniper:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Gonna need more info as to what happens when the shot is fired. Also have you dissambled the weapon recently? Tell us more.:eek:

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I got this from Remington

Question
My Model 1100 or Model 11-87 Premier is not cycling properly, what can be the problem?

Answer
There are many items that can affect the cycling of an autoloading shotgun. The Model 11-87 12 gauge shotguns with field barrels installed need a minimum of 3 ¼ dram and 1 1/8 oz shot to properly cycle.

The Model 1100 barrels are normally chambered for either 2 3/4" or 3", not both, and will only cycle that one length shell.

Some components that you can check are:

Barrel seal-make sure that it is in good condition and properly installed on the detent as shown in your owner’s manual
Piston/piston seal assembly-make sure that these are also in good condition and that they are in the correct position as shown in your owner’s manual.
Action Spring- this is the spring that is located in the action spring tube that runs from the back of the receiver through the rear stock. This can become corroded or gummed up with oil and debris over time. Waterfowl hunters especially should check this part of the firearm regularly. You will need to remove the stock to access the action tube.
Gas Orifice Hole – Ensure that it is clear of any debris by cleaning with a small pipe cleaner.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Oh ok! Shotgun! Nevermind!:peepwall:

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Originally posted by danceswithbooze
I think Bob Dole advertises for a pill that cures this problem :D
After confering with the (MWTCSC) MO Whitetails Code of Shamless Conduct the problem could be erectified by just buying a PUMP... :eek: Sorry...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Poor Valley
Gonna need more info as to what happens when the shot is fired. Also have you dissambled the weapon recently? Tell us more.:eek:
Well, I load 3 shell's, 1 in the chamber, 2 in the magazine tube. I will fire a round and it will not eject at all. Ill pull back on the slide and it ejects the shell with no problem. It's clean with no build up or anything. I did clean it a few weeks ago, but did shoot about a box of shells before this started happening. Maybe Ill break it down and use the owners manual putting it back together. Maybe I did something when I cleaned it??????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by Hatch
Originally posted by danceswithbooze
I think Bob Dole advertises for a pill that cures this problem :D
After confering with the (MWTCSC) MO Whitetails Code of Shamless Conduct the problem could be erectified by just buying a PUMP... :eek: Sorry...
yup, that or popcicle sticks and bailing twine...

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Good idea. Strip er down and make sure everything is clean and aligned properly. Check the little cas ports to make sure they are open. Don't over oil. Some autos don't like that at all. Best place to start lookin is the last place things ya did to a firearm when it starts causin trouble. Good luck.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
i would guess it is the gas ring, the 11-87 are known for going through those awful fast. they are cheap and easy to replace though.

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
#1.....gas ports are clogged. Clean them out with pipe cleaners. #2.....O-Ring is broken and needs replaced. #3.....The metal rings that control the gas expulsion were put back in backwards when you cleaned it last. I have done all three things with my Model 1100. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
The metal rings that control the gas expulsion were put back in backwards when you cleaned it last.
You hit the nail on the head mailman. That was the problem!!! She is all fixed up now.
:dancin:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Think this site isnt worth the price you pay for it??lol

Never ceases to amaze me... :dancin::dancin:

nice Mailman.. :)

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
I knew the problem cause I put mine in backwards a couple of times in the past. The newer ones have a small sticker inside showing the sequence and correct position. Age does have its advantage sometimes. As the saying goes....."Been There...Done That".

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Good job Mailman! I agree with rat! This site is a heck of a place to save money on things that seem like an easy fix to those that have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt'.

Parker

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.