Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a rough season......its been all about getting my son one.He knocked some feathers off a good one during youth,and we hunted this Friday,Saturday,and this morning,hearing very limited gobbling and nothing responding.We ended up as a last resort behind our house,we own 15 acres that is hunt able but not normally ideal being its woods and the neighbors are green pastures where the birds normally favor .I popped a blind up Friday on a low spot in the fence where they normally travel,and got a picture of a good gobbler and some jakes.This morning we got in ,heard one gobble way off.I had to go at 9,so he wanted to stay and sit.I was on the porch getting my smoker ready and I heard a gobble, way closer. He texts me and tells me hes close.....I told him purr lightly a few times and dont over do it.About 45 minutes later I here BOOM...and knew he got one.Pretty proud he stuck with it and hes really happy he did.
Plant Hunting Reptile Tree Wood
Plant Tree Hat Wood Trunk

· Registered
4,336 Posts
Nice, is that his first solo hunt?

1,533 Posts
Fantastic job on the boy getting a bird. Most kids dont have what it takes at that age.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
That's awesome . He won't forget this morning . Congrats to him. :cool!:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.