Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it go bad? I got my old bottles out from last year the other day and opened them and they just didnt smell right. They didnt have that good dirt smell. I plan on buying new.

·
Registered
647 Posts
They're strong enough for an air freshener that's for sure. I used them in clothes/gear bags and in my bow case.

Originally posted by Porkchopsandwiches
The waffers seem to last long. I keep mine in the little can they come in and put them in a plastic bag when I'm not using them. I also have been known to use one as an air freshener in the Jeep...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I LOVE the smell of HS earthscent. However, I never had much luck with it.

I believe I get busted less by going scentless - meaning washing clothes in baking soda only and keeping a baking soda filled sock in the plastic box I keep the clothes in. Use the sock to "powder" myself before the hunt. A 2 pound box is only a couple dollars at walmart.

Anyone use Borax instead or with baking soda?

·
19,585 Posts
I've got the "No Stinkin' Bugs" earth scent bug spray, and I've had the spray for a year or so. Still smells good to me, and the repellant still works good too...

The wife hates it, though. Whenever I come strollin' into the house, she says I smell like a giant dirt clod... :rotfl:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I hunt alot in the timber, and use that B.A. Oak cover scent spray. This stuff works great, in my opinion. Last year when I got that buck with my bow, I had finished a cigeratte about 5 minutes earlier. I just sprayed myself down good afterward, and sprayed a couple shots in the air. I hunt on the ground. I also like those scent wafers. Some one was talking on the forum, all the ***** in the pictures with deer, and thought maybe **** urine would be a good scent to use. If it is reasonable enough I may try it myself sometime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.