Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just buy a comealong you get the cable and hooks with it not that expensive, probably overkill but seems the obvious solution, or not...

·
Under appreciated
88,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i just save the hooves off deer i kill, set the each stand corner on a hoove, the grip is amazingly strong and lasts forever!
bwaaaahaaa

·
Registered
31,470 Posts
I made a shooting house out of some pallet racking so it is only about 3' wide. Of course it would easily blow over so I laid a couple 8' logs flat on the ground, set the stand on top of them and lag bolted the stand to the logs. It hasn't blown over since. Pretty easy to drag it around too as the logs act as skids.

Reactions: rat

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Put some flagging on your cables from blind to the anchor. Not that folks pulling a brush hog pay attention to them. Kind of hard on a brush hog.

Reactions: BC-Buck

·
Under appreciated
88,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good idea. I wont need that because cattle have access to this particular stand so I have a small fence around it.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,153 Posts
Good idea. I wont need that because cattle have access to this particular stand so I have a small fence around it.
I've chased mice , squirrels and other hunters out of my stands. Never cows though. That sounds like one of @archer66 stands.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts