1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
That's what I use. Screw them in and use some descent ratchet straps. I've got 2 big box blinds on wood towers that we can move with the loader secured with them.

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking a cable/turnbuckle deal. I’m not worried about it right away because its just framed but when I put a roof and siding, it will catch some air. Just want some insurance.

Some guys are talking about 6ft T-posts driven in to 1ft, drilling a hole and connecting to that. With the anchors so cheap I’m thinking just doing that for simplicity sake. I’ll hit rock pretty quickly either way I guess.

Reactions: Skduckhunt

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,414 Posts
That’s what I used, I had several that came with my kids’ swing set when I bought it and never used them. I used chain to attach to the blind and didn’t worry about getting it too tight, just attached it at the tightest link I could.

Reactions: Skduckhunt

·
Land buying addiction
13,535 Posts
Not me. I've had both. Never have anything to chew a strap and it's much simpler to snug them up and adjust with a ratchet vs. a turnbuckle.
Till something does or the strap just rots and then the Stand blows over. it’s just cheap insurance in my opinion and like others said it doesn’t need to be super tight.

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s what I used, I had several that came with my kids’ swing set when I bought it and never used them. I used chain to attach to the blind and didn’t worry about getting it too tight, just attached it at the tightest link I could.
Has it withstood bad storms that you know of? I guess if its been out long enough it should have.

·
10,414 Posts
Has it withstood bad storms that you know of? I guess if its been out long enough it should have.
It has been on top of the ridge along a power line for 4 years now, it is not hidden from the wind at all. I’d imagine we had some pretty stiff winds in that time. It is a very heavy stand and I wasn’t certain I needed it at all but put 4 of them in the ground anyway. It hasn’t moved a bit.

Reactions: rat

·
Vendor
65,104 Posts
The ******* blinds come with a ground anchor like that and a single eyelet under the blind on the frame, and a cable. Ive never had one move an inch.

Reactions: rat

·
Vendor
65,104 Posts
We cant say red neck??

·
10,414 Posts

·
5,626 Posts
I will mention that a friend has used trapping anchors on a shooting house They are usually easier to sink into the soil and using multiple anchors you can secure in many angles and places to shooting house

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The anchor in your link is what we use as well. We use wire to connect to shooting house. Can sure be a chore to sink them into the dirt
Yes, figure on a long bar for leverage. Should be fun.

·
10,414 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Throes earth anchors can be a PITA to get screwed into some soils. Im not talking rocky soil. If soil is real dry turns soil to dust with no holding power. I stick with t post and if need removed a farm jack pops them right out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts