Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
82nd Airborne!
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Any one know much about this place? For deer hunting. Looks like alot of water, and borders the Mo. river.Any help would be great.....Thanks K.P.

·
5,632 Posts
Eagle Bluffs is FULL of deer. I've spent hundreds of hours in a tractor down there helping out a farmer that I know that leases about 1000 down there. Lots of walking because they dont' allow driving off of the main road. Archery only but they have had a management ML hunt for the past couple years.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I've seen several deer down there while I was bowfishin the last couple of weeks, middle of the afternoon feeding!!!! Good bowfishin too!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would think it could be real tough to get a deer out of there, since they don't allow vehicles or ATVs beyond a certain point.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
One good thing about telecheck....call it in, and start quarterin!!!! A good deer cart would pay off fo sho!!!

·
5,632 Posts
Riverbottom crop land. Lots of waterfowl pools so there's lots of small levees and such. Mature timber between the main levee and the river. Lots of patches and fingers of smaller trees separating fields.

·
338 Posts
I hunted there while I was in college. I talked to the field office guys and they put me in some areas to see decent deer. Lots of hunters go there, and lots of mosquitos in the early season. I would check out hunting at the university plots behind Guston golf course. Off of Providence going south take a right before the Red Cross building. follow this gravel road for about a mile, it goes along the golf course, then you come to the Zuber building. They ask you to register you and your vehicle only once. Then only one hunter per vehicle, and no more than 3 vehicles (i.e. 3 hunters) at one time. There are tons of deer. They are doing crop studies there, and I shot an 8 point about 120 class there, and passed on tons of does early. Let me know if you want some areas to go there, I will set you up.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
bOWHUNTER8, id sure e interested in learning a little more about that. could be very interesting.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteTailer
bOWHUNTER8, id sure e interested in learning a little more about that. could be very interesting.
Me too, let's hear more....

·
5,632 Posts
Yes, let's here more. My interest is piqued. I'm not above driving to Columbia to hunt.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Bowhunter8 that spot you speak of is awesome if U can get there and be one of the 3 vehicles parked there.....Eagle Bluffs is definitely full of deer but could involve some work getting in and out.....Especially after they start flooding the pools and shuting down some of the access points....A good mountain bike comes in handy then.....Good Luck

·
338 Posts
When you get to the Zuber building, you can start walking west and keep the high fence crop area on your left (south) on the to of the ridge is the Gustin golf course will be to your right (north). There is a path about 15 feet wide. When it widens move there is a wooded area to the right. They come off of the golf course and stage in this area. The deer run the ridge along the golf course, so you can setup closer to the Zuber building on the ridge and have some success.

If you keep walking west instead of going into the woods on the right you will cross a walking path (yes this is legal and you might get some wierd looks) and enter the motherload. This is another crop field and the main reason they let bowhunters hunt the deer. Seems budgets are tight, so there are no fences and tons of deer. I hunted very few times back here because the other 2 hunters always seemed to be back there. There are the woods that are adjacent to the back end of the golf course, and eventually runs to the back of the neighborhoods near the Forum Theatre. There are plenty of deer. And there are the chances of getting a decent buck. They are used to seeing people (they are living in the city limits).

I would use it for does mostly and you will get the occasional buck. Each year I hunted there, I always got one and usually saw 2-3 more. Any questions let me know.

·
338 Posts
Here is the map of the area. The red areas are the key places to go. The purple spots are where I saw the most deer, they ran the ridge line and staged in the smaller red circle. The bigger red area is non fenced crops.

·
338 Posts
The yellow is the high fenced area and the green line is the ridge where I saw most of the bucks running to go feed. Only problem with the ridge line is the golfers are bad shots and you WILL have golf balls hit the trees around you. If you follow the point of the yellow straight right about a half mile is the new basketball center. The blue is a walking trail. I was out in the field dressing my buck when a few walkers stumble across me. I tried to hide so as not to affect non hunters, but also didnt want the entrails all over my woods.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
bh8....thanks for the info!!!!

Can you use stands back in there? Or did you hunt off the ground???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.