Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

DWGH HOME FARM Farm Projects Thread

13K views 91 replies 22 participants last post by  WBF 
#1 ·
Season came to a close yesterday, so its time to start a projects thread for the 176 acre CRP farm I rolled into after the sale of my 122 farm late summer. I closed just in time to get 9-10 acres of fall plots established.
The main goal for this spring is to get a 15 acre section of the CRP cleaned up and begin the process of establishing switch.

#45 ·
Even with no till, weeks and weeks of 95 plus degrees and no rain will be tough on the brassica. Although I guess most folks (not me) got a bunch of rain yesterday.
That corn looks great by the way. Like the no till drill, is it new? My problem is I'd have to also buy a bigger tractor.

#46 ·
Even with no till, weeks and weeks of 95 plus degrees and no rain will be tough on the brassica. Although I guess most folks (not me) got a bunch of rain yesterday.
That corn looks great by the way. Like the no till drill, is it new? My problem is I'd have to also buy a bigger tractor.
There was lots of rain the weeks prior. This plot is on top so drains well. Im not ever going to till another fall plot;l. We got rain the last two days. No-till certainly makes it more drought resistant due to not turning the dirt to dust with a tiller or disc(releasing all the moisture) prior to planting.
Ive had the drill since 2017 or 18 I believe but never tried brassicas/fall plots with it other than the cereal grains last fall (broadcast small seeds over top).
Corn is kicking a s s- way better dirt than my last farm (I am right off the east form Chariton River.)
What size is your tractor? I used to run this drill with my mfwd 40 hp MF.

#50 ·
That farm gets prettier by the day. Strong work young man!

#60 ·
Thanks homie, lots of work to do. Never enough hours in the day after the office.
Update from this past weekend in addition to 4-5 more timbers harvested for the new house.
Finished up back filling bcl posts and blazed about 40 yards of the access trail to get in/out clean. Family going on 7 day trip to visit wifes family in AZ so will get lots done this week. Grindnnnnnnn

#61 ·
Got some major work done yesterday and Sunday. Borrowed buddy's reach forklift to get new blind on the platform.
Took yesterday off work and jammed out 11-12 hours on chainsaw and tractor skidding out a total of 18 big cedars for posts for the house, only need 6 more. I will still need to do some limbing on these but the tops will get stuffed in the fencerow to funnel deer through the gap next to the new blind.

#62 ·
Lots of work happening on that farm.
Good stuff, fun to watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.