Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Got some major work done yesterday and Sunday. Borrowed buddy's reach forklift to get new blind on the platform.
Took yesterday off work and jammed out 11-12 hours on chainsaw and tractor skidding out a total of 18 big cedars for posts for the house, only need 6 more. I will still need to do some limbing on these but the tops will get stuffed in the fencerow to funnel deer through the gap next to the new blind.

·
2 Corinthians 5:10
1,746 Posts
Lots of work happening on that farm.
Good stuff, fun to watch.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What height above ground do you set your fencing? Just put my first fence up a week ago to protect a sunflower plot and did 24 for perimeter and 12/36 on the inside. Try to Google it and you get 10 different opinions, but I'd trust you've got experience with em

·
Registered
818 Posts
Do you all metal t post or some of the plastic or fiberglass ones? I find the plastic or fiberglass always end up bending when wire is tensioned. About to decide you could use one third as many all metal posts and be better off.
Where did you get those kind tensioner. All the ones I've found wire has to be threaded thru beforehand?
Do you use wire (not etape) for outer fence too?

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
What height above ground do you set your fencing? Just put my first fence up a week ago to protect a sunflower plot and did 24 for perimeter and 12/36 on the inside. Try to Google it and you get 10 different opinions, but I'd trust you've got experience with em
32-36
Not rocket science, ive never actually measured but in that neighborhood

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Do you all metal t post or some of the plastic or fiberglass ones? I find the plastic or fiberglass always end up bending when wire is tensioned. About to decide you could use one third as many all metal posts and be better off.
Where did you get those kind tensioner. All the ones I've found wire has to be threaded thru beforehand?
Do you use wire (not etape) for outer fence too?
I use some t post and some plastic step ins.
Tensioner- orschelns
I use poly wire because its visible and also dont not catch wind like tape.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts