Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year, heres link to previous year
DWGH Farm Projects Thread 2018
https://www.missouriwhitetails.com/index.php?threads/DWGH-Farm-Projects-Thread-2018.217885/
And 2017
Ive done a bit of TSI but this afternoon i planted 50 cedar seedlings from MDC nursery, 200 more to go plus 100 persimmons. This series of trees will serve as an access screen in 4-5 years to get to one of my blind locations. I went ahead and put some tubes on these for visibyand some herbicide protection as they will be in close proximity to the sprayer. Ill likely need to touch up this edge with backpack sprayer the first year at least. It was a muddy booger today.
Sky Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle

Sky Natural material Wood Grass Cloud

Flower Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Flowering plant

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Looking good Joseph. Our corns starting to show. Not enough yet to see how our notill experiment is going to turn out though. Should tell in another week.

· Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally decided it was time to give a couple fruit trees a try. My buddy owns a nursery and even offered to help me plant them. 2 honeycrisps and 1 empire apple. They are not far from my pond so will be easy to water. Hopefully they will bear some fruit in 8-10 years.
Plant Tree Land lot Grass Vehicle

Plant Sky Plant community People in nature Leaf

Plant Fruit Natural foods Grass Terrestrial plant

· Registered
33,467 Posts
You're miles ahead of me, the constant rain has really slowed my roll this year.:boohoo:
I haven't knocked down last years corn or sprayed a drop yet. Not planting corn this year so there's plenty of time for beans and screening.

· Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're miles ahead of me, the constant rain has really slowed my roll this year.:boohoo:
I haven't knocked down last years corn or sprayed a drop yet. Not planting corn this year so there's plenty of time for beans and screening.
ya you will be fine
The only reason I'm ahead is because the farm is 3.5 miles from the house/work. ran a little short on time yesterday and gonna spray off a half a tank on lunch break. :D

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
bean leaf beetle most likely on the beans. southern corn leaf beetle on the corn??

Say... what kind of blind do you have on that platform and how do you like it for bowhunting?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.