Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bow season is still going on until jan 15 according to MDC website.

a friend told me that he thought that only does could be shot with a bow now. is that correct?

i specifically want to know is it legal to shot a buck with a bow from now until jan 15 or is it antlerless only?

thanks!

·
King of Callaway
42,631 Posts
IF you have both your Archery Any deer tags left you can shoot two buck between now and Jan 15th

·
King of Callaway
42,631 Posts
Originally posted by Bowkil
what about the youth rifle for the weekend of jan 3-4. can they still shoot a buck?
I belive they can as long as they haven't previously harvested an antlered deer with a rifle :pop:

·
10,944 Posts
(1) The archery deer hunting season is September
15, 2008, through January 15, 2009,
excluding the November portion of the
firearms deer hunting season. Use archery
methods only; firearms may not be possessed.
(2) Archery Deer Hunting Permits.
(A) Resident or Nonresident Archer’s
Hunting Permit. Valid for two (2) deer
statewide, except that only one (1) antlered
deer may be taken prior to the November portion
of the firearms deer hunting season.
(B) Resident or Nonresident Archery
Antlerless Deer Hunting Permit. Valid for
one (1) antlerless deer in any open county.
Persons may purchase and fill any number of
these permits, where valid. A Nonresident
Archer’s Hunting Permit must be purchased
before purchasing Nonresident Arche

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
right on.:rock:
my buddies kid flipped out when i told him he could rifle hunt again this weekend. he didnt get to fill his tag.
if he whacks a buck and gets into trouble. im blaming you fish:D

·
King of Callaway
42,631 Posts
Originally posted by Bowkil
right on.:rock:
my buddies kid flipped out when i told him he could rifle hunt again this weekend. he didnt get to fill his tag.
if he whacks a buck and gets into trouble. im blaming you fish:D
That's fine, never hurt my feelings one bit to be blamed for a kid getting a buck, there's more than one mother with a deer head hanging on her wall after they hunted with me. So long as they don't get my address I'm ok :2thumbsup:

Here's the specifics

Late youth portion:
Youth can take deer according to the permits they hold, however:
Each youth hunter may take only one antlered deer during the entire firearms deer season. So if the youth has already taken one antlered deer during one of the other portions of the firearms deer season, he or she may not take another during this portion.
Youth hunters may purchase any number of permits to take antlerless deer, but some county restrictions apply. See map.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think Bob's friend has it out for him. Do you hunt the same land? Maybe he just wants to hunt the bucks while you think you're stuck with the does.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Originally posted by ryanlowe02
can a guy use his 2 archery tags and shoot two bucks in the same day?
No, you are only allowed to take one antlered deer after the rifle season. So if you are like me, and have both of your any deer tags left, you can use only one of them on a buck.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by deerhunter365
No, you are only allowed to take one antlered deer after the rifle season. So if you are like me, and have both of your any deer tags left, you can use only one of them on a buck.
You have it backwards...You can take only 1 antlered deer before rifle season, but can take two bucks after rifle season.

yeah, I'm pretty sure you can shoot both deer in the same day Ryan.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Not true, If you have both of your archery "any deer" tags you may take both bucks after the rifle season. I have not read anywhere that says you can't take both in the same day.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Wrong...

You can kill both of your archery bucks after the season, or one before and one after. You can NOT however take two in the same day after the season.

If you've got both any deer tags left, fill em both. Just don't do it on the same day.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
NOPE
you can take two bucks after gun with your bow

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Hoytshooter
your too quick

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
Wrong...

You can kill both of your archery bucks after the season, or one before and one after. You can NOT however take two in the same day after the season.

If you've got both any deer tags left, fill em both. Just don't do it on the same day.
Well i had never knew that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts