Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have been duck hunting for like the past two years and still have not got the hang of blowing the call, my uncle i hunt with says my goose call is alright but im not getting the deep tone in the duck call, he said im not breaking the reed, i have been watching some vids and practicing but i just get the dull blow out of it i cant get that reed to break and get that deep ducky sound, any advice from you all?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i learned to blow from down deep as if im huffing into glasses so from the diaphram

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quit, do i need to make an adjustment in the inside, i have never touched it

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
change your word to a deep "what" and see if that doesn't deepin it. like you are blowing on glass to get condensation from your breath. i can't get a good rasp with quit either.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1484280&tid=103743&author=winger]change your word to a deep "what" and see if that doesn't deepin it. like you are blowing on glass to get condensation from your breath. i can't get a good rasp with quit either.[/rquote]i say again. also make sure you are holding your lips right. i like to purse my lips to make sure i can control the air and move it rapidly to, "break" the reed.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol gf is right here she doesnt wana hear it lol, i do alot of my practicing in the car, im gunna grab and snack and hit the sack, i got a 40 min drive to school so i will practice and keep you updated!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts