DSG has this friend that needs advice........

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by membergone, Feb 11, 2006.

1. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    .......and DSG can't help 'em. DSG knows what the good book says about "those who spitefully use you" and all that other good stuff. But this friend,although they believe in all that they have a hard time applying it. DSG thought he'd turn to the forum for instruction.

This friend of DSG's has a "Friend" that blatantly lied to 'em. From the story DSG gets, the "Friend" even had the opportunity to tell the truth but chose instead to make the lie bigger.

What's the best course of action when someone who calls ya a "friend" blatantly lies to ya? DSG don't really know. What should DSG's friend do?

Comments welcomed. DSG will pass the advice along to his friend. :cheers:
  2. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    give them 1 more chance then if they still lie confront them.

3. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    This is going well, DSG knew he could count on you folks. DSG's friend will be grateful. :cheers:
  4. Piss on that! DSG i know your trying to tell this second hand but just tell whoever it was that lied to you to kiss your :ass:! Now thats just my opinion but there aint much worse than someone that can say there your friend and then lie to your face. Now unless its just a little bs hunting or fishing story and then it dont count.

5. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    No rocko, this ain't no little huntin or fishin lie.

If it were, it would be the equivalent of taking someone to a hot fishin/huntin spot and then next day going back to that spot and finding your "friend" there with ten or nine of his "friends" after he swore he wouldn't tell a soul.

DSG thinks kinda like you rocko. But DSG was the one so far that voted "declare them dead." Ain't much worse than someone who leans on a body when they need 'em but can't be trusted to tell the truth when the rolls are reversed. But then that's why I posted this up......looks like my friend is gonna get a good cross section of opinions.
  6. I understand. I had a budy in a bad spot for money. So i bought a car off him at loan value wich is what he said they were gonna give him trade in on something different. Well like i said i gave him loan value on it so i didnt steal it but i didnt care i was trying to help him out and my wife wanted the car just to drive back and forth to work. But were it went wrong is he had told one of our other friends that the car lot was only gonna give him half what i gave him. And i guess what made me maddest is that i bought the car to try and help him out and he thought he was sticking it to me. And what made the madest is he went out of his way to lie to me when i never even asled what the car lot was gonna give him. And that i would have still bought it if i had known the truth because i wanted to help him out and also my wife wanted it so she could park her truck and save gas.

I havent talked to him one time since them and its been about 7 or 8 months. And never will again! If a person ever lies to you about something important once then you can never trust them again!
    Just my opinion though.

7. I think you should try and let them explain themselves, and if they still lye to your face "PUNCH EM IN THE MOUTH" I don't condone violence, but it's hard to have a friend who would lie to you.

But of course it depends on what they lied about. They may need the punch in the mouth first, then the talkin to afterwards.

8. thats what i would have done, just wooped his ass when he did it. But i couldnt do that to my buddy when he pulled that crap on me he had just got out of the hospital and i would have felt bad.

9. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    Give the "friend" a chance to explain their motivation for lying and go from there

just dont punch him
    if he will lie to ya he will sue ya also:mad2:
  10. I mean i like my electricity and all but I would go amish on this one Kurt
  11. V.P.

V.P. New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Chalk it up as a learning experince.

But cut the so called "friend" loose to limit future disappointment.
  12. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, the Give the "friend" a chance to explain their motivation for lying and go from there...........people win this one.

I told my friend to do that and the two parties got togther and friend 2 admited that they lied. But explained why they were afraid to tell the truth. Friend 1 understood and now all is well.

And the folks of MWT had the scenario pegged all along. :cheers:

(DSG woulda handled this much differently.) :stickfight: And DSG would have be wrong!
  13. xxx

xxx Guest

Glad it worked out for ya man........
  14. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    my feelins is,he is not a friend if he lied to me,so if he is not friend he can kiss my :ass: and i'll go on with life better without him.
  15. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    DSG!!!!! What did friend #3 tell you last night? Worked like a charm didn't it?

16. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    id never speak to him again if when you ask him and he lies again for the final time. You dont need a friend like that. Hows that saying go...something like "burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice shame on me" or sumthin close to that. If people lie to me i dont forgive at all , well in 99.99% of cases. Odds are if you forgive him he'll lie to ya again.

I lost my best friend of 10 years on somthing sort of along the lines although i was on the bad end. His g/f was crazy,controlling, and he would never take her out at all when it was couples night and we would go to parties and clubs and such because all she would do was fight with him. She was the name on the cell phone plan they had and she would check the bill for the calls he made and call them back to see who they were. Well he found out the first time about her calling all the numbers back and being a untrusting snoop (even though i hid his cheating on her). they broke up then got back together awhile later because of this.
    Well she did it again and blew up on him because she found out through calling this girl back that he was messsin with this other girl on the side. she confronted him and he asked how she found out and rather than being honest and saying she did the snooping again she said "jason told me". He got pissed and we fought over it because the only person that knew of this cheating stuff with that girl was me he thought.

He just kept asking me over the next couple weeks if i lied and i kept telling him i didnt and we went round and round. I told him exactly what i KNEW happened how she found out and he was too stupid to believe i would go behind his back since i was his best friend. I told him ask me one more time or tell one more person that i ratted you out to your g/f and ill never speak to you again. he called me a few days later and asked if i said it and i told him that i would never be associated with him again.

He still calls me all the time and i limit the convos to 1 minute at the most and give him the cold shoulder. Its been about 6 months now and i still plan to hold my ground. He wants to make things back to the good ole days but i cant, he didnt believe me, and he believed his psycho woman and thats not what friends do. I just wish he would have realized what he was asking me even though we've been best buddies for years.

sorry for this long rant... but i know exactly what you feel when you lose a supposed "best friend" even one that youve known for 10 years or more.:frown:
  17. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Cp, your response reminds me of "me," often very judgmental and narrow minded. I'm in a hurry so this prolly ain't gonna come out right so understand that.

I'll just say, DSG has learned (and lived) that there is two sides to every story. And from the outside, the side that you are seeing ain't always the best one. Sometimes people are REAL good at hiding what the "real" story is!

Just something to ponder. :cheers:
  18. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, McGuire, I passed the "find a rope and a tree, wrap the rope around his neck and jump" advice along. My buddy din't find that too useful. Sorry.

CP. Agreed. But just remember, things might not always be as they seem! :cheers:
  19. shooter22

shooter22 New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Fort Scott, KS
    first of all i dont use the word friend lightly! give them a chance to explain the situation. COnfront them and tell them you know it is a lie. SOmetime what yo klnow is not a lie. if it is, lwt them know you know and you want an exlpanation, that the Friendship is in jepordy
  20. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    its one of them things where he really didnt want to be with her for the long haul and when they broke up she started going crazy and talking all suicidal and such so he reluctantly went back with her. If it was my situation and i was him i wouldnt have kept her nagging along and just broke it off then she'd have to deal with it.

That...along with the fact that i hated her from the start. Oh and i would never hang out with someone or condone what he did if he had kids or was married to her. He was just a little mixed up in how to ditch this girl, and it burned me in the end and brought them closer together.

I know exactly what you all were trying to say so i wanted to give a little more insight to their relationship. Its just sad though that it had to go down like that since i knew him for so long but honestly i really dont miss him around at all.:)