Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Boy! You guys will get a kick out of this! Stupid Parker! Doesn't know nothin' about nothin'! :whiteflag:

Anyone have any tricks for drying off a dog that does NOT want to be dried off?!

WOW! I can give her a bath, and she just LOVES it!

I try to dry her off, and she thinks I am rough housing with her, and at 20 pounds, she is KICKING MY butt!

So, I get out the hair dryer, and she is scared of it, so then she tries to get away from me! :hysterical:

Puppy Pandemonium at the VECtor house tonight! :hysterical:

I think I ended up being the towel and the chew toy all at the same time! :rof2:

(I posted this more for you guys to get a kick out of it than thinking there is some actual magic trick somewhere.)

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D I DO need the leather gloves!

You think your other gear will fit me?! :D I've got a pretty good sized gourd.

I'm afraid she may be ready to break down the door within the next month or so.......or at least CHEW it down. :rof2:

Parker

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Why did I just have a vision of big bird in pants that are WAY to short:D

We can jerk all of the guts out of the helmet and it will get as big as a 5 gallon bucket.

Would that suffice?:D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rof2: Sounds like you have ME set up......now.....about getting the water off of this dog........ :rof2:

(I should have gotten a dog a LONG time ago. This is TOO much fun! )

Parker

·
Registered
70,338 Posts
Work in pairs......you take the head and let the Mrs do the drying from the neck back. Throw the towel on her head (the dogs) and take her down in a head lock. With your size (smaller than it used to be I will add) you should be able to bulldog a 20 lb puppy. Have Shipping and Handling take pics.

:2thumbsup:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[rquote=1554371&tid=108154&author=Mailman] the Mrs Throw the towel on her head

:2thumbsup:[/rquote]

:eek: I just tried that, and WOW did Holly get unhappy with me! :eek:

:rof2: :rof2: :rof2:

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1554414&tid=108154&author=riverbottomhunter]Oh, forgot to mention. Those pups LOVE the water:D[/rquote]

:D Leave the door to the bathroom open, and you will find her sitting in the tub, just waiting. :D

Parker

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Dont allow that behavior!!!! You are creating a problem that will last the dogs whole life by allowing it to run around and think that its play time. If its hard now wait till its 65 lbs!!!!!

Tell the dog sit, make the dog sit, then towel off the dog in the sit position. When its time to dry its back legs just pick them up and towel them off. Dont not allow the unwanted behavior

·
Registered
14,240 Posts
:rof2:

my lab loves a big ole cotton towel, try to find one of the super sized towels at wal mart and basically i had to just toss it over her whole body and then jump on her and rub all over until i got most of the water off......she loves it now, anytime i get a towel out she runs at me and throws her body into it trying to get a good back rub

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1554476&tid=108154&author=i_willie12]Dont allow that behavior!!!! You are creating a problem that will last the dogs whole life by allowing it to run around and think that its play time. If its hard now wait till its 65 lbs!!!!!

Tell the dog sit, make the dog sit, then towel off the dog in the sit position. When its time to dry its back legs just pick them up and towel them off. Dont not allow the unwanted behavior[/rquote]

YOU must work for the Dog Whisperer.....that just aint gonna work, not in our house, anyways :whinging:

:D:wave:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1554499&tid=108154&author=knockemdeadd][rquote=1554476&tid=108154&author=i_willie12]Dont allow that behavior!!!! You are creating a problem that will last the dogs whole life by allowing it to run around and think that its play time. If its hard now wait till its 65 lbs!!!!!

Tell the dog sit, make the dog sit, then towel off the dog in the sit position. When its time to dry its back legs just pick them up and towel them off. Dont not allow the unwanted behavior[/rquote]

YOU must work for the Dog Whisperer.....that just aint gonna work, not in our house, anyways :whinging:

:D:wave:[/rquote]

I willie is right, stop it now, or live with it forever!!! Gotta be the boss!!!:wave:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
My Newfoundland just stands there, problem is, it takes 5 towels to get him dry. So now I just let him outside to bake in the sun. Much easier :2thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.