Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sister called me today, she was down the Street baby sittin my 2 Nephew's... said the Dryer was'nt drying the Clothes very well... and that their was a Birds nest in the Vent.

So I went down stuck my Hand inside the Vent hole on the external part of the House, pulled out a Birds nest, and was shocked to see a 18" Black Snake coiled up inside the Nest. I slung that Nest to the Ground... Got my startle for the day. I imagine the dryer will dry the Clothes better now... :D

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Find any rocks or arrowheads stashed in there also?? :peepwall:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My parent's drier vent is clogged by a Birds nest every spring. It would freak me out to pull out a snake. I think that would be the last time I cleaned that out.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
We had a chicken coop at the old place and naturally it wasnt well lit. Well, I was in gathering some eggs one day and as I was reaching in a nest box, it seemed darker than normal, then I felt the cold rat snake coiled up inside it. Surprised he didnt bite me. Got a flashlight so I could see a little better and got him out of there. He had a few lumps in his belly. We relocated that egg sucker to the back of the farm. That gave my heart a little jumpstart to say the least.

You want to really soil yer shorts, reach down in a feed barrel with a scoop to get some grain and scoop you up a possum that fell in there and couldnt get out. When he jumps and hisses at you, it will make yer heart skip a beat. Now I always use a flashlight when I gather eggs and I always look inside a feed barrel before just going to scooping.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
yep i think that would scare the heck out of me.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Careful putting screen over it, it will clog faster.

Most high efficiency furnaces have 2" or 3" pvc for flue pipe now. You wouldn't beleive the things we've found in the intake and exhaust pipes ! Easter eggs, tennis balls, bees nests, birds nests, wally world bags, a kid stuck a garden hose in the end of one last year and turned on the water, flooded the basement. Found a dead duck in a flue pipe once also.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Did sister have to wash and dry your shorts and pants?:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x

Most high efficiency furnaces have 2" or 3" pvc for flue pipe now. You wouldn't beleive the things we've found in the intake and exhaust pipes ! Easter eggs, tennis balls, bees nests, birds nests, wally world bags, a kid stuck a garden hose in the end of one last year and turned on the water, flooded the basement. Found a dead duck in a flue pipe once also.
Yeah, Steve, I had birds trying to build a nest in my furnace exhaust pipe this spring. Finally had to put a screen over it.

Dead Duck....that just cracks me up.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by droptine
Originally posted by hunter7x

Yeah, Steve, I had birds trying to build a nest in my furnace exhaust pipe this spring. Finally had to put a screen over it.

Dead Duck....that just cracks me up.
Careful doing that also, on mornings with heavy frost it will form ice and stop the furnace. Use the largest wire you can to keep the birds out.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
do not put a screen over it unless it is going to be cleaned every little bit. it will clog if the dryer vent gets clogged it will burn element out. also only use 4 inch aluminum pipe with the least amout of elbows. will make for less drying time and life of dryer will be longer. plus be safer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.