Dry Creek 3-D Shoot Today

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by alwyshntn, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Hey guys just wanted to drop a line and say that I had a great time at the shoot today and had a blast sittin around shootin the B.S. afterwards. I love hearing and tellin good'ol huntin lies and stories.

Well Justin and ArrowJumper should have some pics to post up later but I have one for you Justin. I told you I'd at least post ya a pic of the deer tenderloin dinner for tonight. :D

By the way Justin get the most improved archer trophy this time around. :cheers:

Great fun today guys and thanks for showin up. Can't wait until the next one.

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Looks good... glad you all had a good time!

I'll be joining you all soon on these shoots.. :)

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Man, that ain't even fair!! Looks GREAT!

I had a great time also. Guys, if you haven't thought about going to this shoot, you have GOT to put it on the calender. The next one is March 12. It is a VERY well run shoot. They had over 70 shooters today and it was only the 2nd one they've had!!

Pics to follow......

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Our "unbiased scorekeeper" (Tim-alwyshntn) and Droptine (Matt "my binoculars are my best friend" Farris).

5. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Matt sizing up the groundhog from the blind at the last station.

6. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    The binos paid off. He shot a daggum 12 on that little bugger.

7. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Kurt, I figured DSG would appreciate this pic. He ain't alone! Some dude even shot through one of the fiberglass poles today!!

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    The Dry Creek Bar & Grill. Cheap food!

9. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    The dining room. Droptine, Alwyshntn and D.R.N.18 relaxing after the shoot. (ArrowJumper and Vanclevedoeklr are back there somewhere too!)

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Tim shootin the 80 yd money shot. (The big 12'x4' piece of styrofoam way back there. It's got about a 12" orange circle spray painted on it.) Kurt, remember this one? Oh yeah, you lost arrows on this target!

BTW...don't challenge him, you'll lose some money!!

11. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Alittle brotherly competition. D.R.N. trying to retain his braggin rights over big bro.

12. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Last one.....

We all tied for first place. We all shot 238's (out of 240). Ok, not really. But we thought it would be a good photo opp anyways! Sorry -- alittle fuzzy.

13. Great pics and the story line is just too funny!!!!

We didn't get the pic of the "BIG'' kill shot on the Kitty Cat that side stepped DSG either did we. DANG!

14. Oh yeah Justin I just got done samplin that deer and it is gooood!

I'll have to throw a couple tenderloins on and you and Matt come on over and shoot and eat.

15. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    You just say the date and time and I'll be there! Can't speak for Matt but I don't guess he'd pass up an opportunity at some tenderloin and arrow flingin'!

16. Sounds good...That'll be a great way to break in the new house here in a few weeks.:cheers:

17. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Looked to be even more fun than the first shoot...:eek:I wanted to make this shoot, but had some random stuff to do around the house (gotta please the wife...) Anyway, I plan on making the next shoot at Dry Creek! Alwyshntn, please U2U me with time/directions...hopefully nothing comes up and I will see you all then, if not at the MO deer classic in Columbia! :cheers:

18. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ok, so big bro beat me this time, but there will be another day! It was a good turn out today and at least we had some good weather to work with. I hope ya'll make it down to the next shoot!

19. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man looks like another great day

20. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Looks like ya'll had fun...I was laid up sick all day!!!! Sucks ta be me!!!!