Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on the drury outdoors journal and they were saying that the full moon messed up the rut in November. As of a couple of days ago, they were seeing TONS of bucks chasing does. They were saying that the rut, this year will be peaking in the second and third week of December.

Found that interesting!

:praying: they are right! Bring em' on Sat.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1513304&tid=105544&author=Gakic24]:rof2::rof2::rof2:

What a bunch of :bull::peepwall::peepwall:[/rquote]

i agree BUT what do you know wrinkle head anyway

·
Registered
339 Posts
Terry was the one that said that, He also said he predicted this the first week of bow season. I find it ironic that he brought this up after killing a stud in december that was all over a hot doe. I would probably come up with the same thing if I wanted to sell my products. Not knocking drurys I love there videos, just an opionion.:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Yep Drurys are awsome and good people too

·
Registered
75 Posts
[rquote=1513443&tid=105544&author=akphelps]Drury brothers obviously know what they're talking about for the most part.... but I'm gonna call B.S. on this one...[/rquote]

I hope they arent kidding it would be sweet to have a bigun come in

·
Registered
869 Posts
It would sure be nice to have some rutting activity for muzzleloader this weekend. Don't get me wrong, it would be great. The whole topic about the moon phase and the rut was kicked around on here quite a bit about a month ago....

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Well there may be something to it:whistle:.....last week while bow hunting I saw a buck chasing a doe. Actually a couple of doe. Broke his heart when I deflated the lungs on one of the doe. Better luck next time buckie :D

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
I read the same thing and agree with it to a certain extent...The rut in November even though it sucked this year was way more intense than what I'm seeing now, however with that being said...Most of the rutting in Nov. was after dark due to the heat, I'm seeing more chasing going on right now than I did in Nov. but it's just because the does are on their feet hitting food sources during the day.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
This new information may warrant a bunch of new threads being started for people to complain about the timing of muzzleloader season falling during the peak of the rut! :whistle:

I saw 2 good bucks (1 shooter) feeding together last weekend for the last 45min of daylight. Sure didn't seem interested in the does in the field.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.