Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rumor in Mexico, MO is that they have leased alot of land from and old fire brick factory. I know that alot of people do trespass back there. I also heard that they there are setting out over 70 trail cams?? and anyone that they catch on them is getting prosecuted to the fullest and i hope that they do! Right now to me this is a rumor but the people that told me i THINK know what they are talking about.

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
ain't gonna doubt yah,but i don't think there is much property left that any brickplant owns around here anymore.its all brankrupt and been sold hasn't it?

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I'd imagine that it's a severely scarred landscape pretty much worthless even to hunting.

Sounds like someone's trying to get some rumors flying? Why would anyone set out 70 trail cams? Or if they did why would they tell someone? Sounds like an open invitation to thiefs to go get masked up and do some stealin.

I wouldn't hold much truth to something like this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for a fact that there are some monsters walking around back in there. That is just from driving through that area of town every now and again. I think coyotehunter would agree that there is also.

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
pretty sur they sub all that off and sold it for houses what they didn't sell the john deere guy bought up for farming.i know they donated 250 for archery hunting only,donated the lakes to the city,made a walking trail for the community.and donated a bunch more for building right with a minuim bid of 80,ooo alot right now.although i do see a couple of security trucks at the plant every once in awhile.i'd think if they owned any it would be right there.but if they are in bankruptsy i doubt if the law would allow them to do it.but if they did i guess we will have to go out and shoot all them cam and show them how welcome they are..:moon:

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
yeah cfd i got say there are some monsters roaming out there,my granfather use patrol on horseback to keep people out.they grow old and big for sure.something about pits and big bucks go togehter:cheers:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by BeardsnSpurs
They sold their farm in ILLINOIS and moved to Iowa and bought up there.
Actually from what I know, they lease property in Illinois, Terry just bought a farm near Kirksville two years ago, and
Mark owns over 1000 acres in Iowa and leases another 1000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My neighbor is married to a friend of marks and i belive that she said something about huntin in mexico but she wouldnt tell me the full story so id say ur right CFD. im tying to get in close with them so the could take me w/ them once and maybe i would get a chance to hunt with MARK DRURY that would be awsome but she isbt a very friendly person so i dunno if that will ever happen

·
Registered
250 Posts
:eek::eek: Big Deer! I know when I work 2nd shift I can stand on top the silos at work with my bino's and watch deer walk off the brick plant land at AP Greens and and start feeding out into the doctor's park on almost any given night, especially in the fall. I've seen some some nice one's

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by PYseeker
Originally posted by beamer
My neighbor is married to a friend of marks and i belive that she said something about huntin in mexico but she wouldnt tell me the full story so id say ur right CFD. im tying to get in close with them so the could take me w/ them once and maybe i would get a chance to hunt with MARK DRURY that would be awsome but she isbt a very friendly person so i dunno if that will ever happen
Good luck with that. The drury's have a tight nit group of people they hunt with, Your best bet is to submit a tape an try and be selected for the dream season competition.
Frankly, there are probably a great deal of people right here among you that you could learn more from, maybe even take in a hunt with. Just an observation.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by beamer
Here is a pic of my neighbor and hhis monster he killed in mexico in 2002 it was the 2nd bigest deer killed in missouri it scored 224 b&c as a typical and had a total of 23 scorable points
I'm guessin you meant to say NONtypical??? If that score was typical, he wouldn't have any problem becoming "famous"!!!!! The world record typical measures 213 5/8", taken in 1993....

And DSG is right on...lots of good info, and even better people, right here on MWT's!!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I talked to a guy that works at AP Green now in the machine shop. He said that they were told there there would be a little traffic traveling back and forth through the gate working on food plots, trimming trees and stuff of that matter. I really just think that its a cool thing that they are possibly going to be filming hunts from a place that is in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by CFD
I talked to a guy that works at AP Green now in the machine shop. He said that they were told there there would be a little traffic traveling back and forth through the gate working on food plots, trimming trees and stuff of that matter. I really just think that its a cool thing that they are possibly going to be filming hunts from a place that is in my neck of the woods.
Careful what ya wish for, your huntin spot might be next on "thier" spots to lease!!!!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
well if your right and they kill a monster and if they say where,watch out and guard your hunting area.don't know if you ever hunted across the river in pike county in ill. but those poor guys have basically lost their whole county to leases so high that only the wealthy can hunt.no good ole boys for sure.i don't want to see that happen around here for nothin,but if it does i going in outfitting buisness.
yeah fireman, it was nontypical still a monster he ended up getting bass pro and cabelas in a bidding war for it.brought a unreal amount of money.cabelas ended up with it,had some replicas made of it int the deal ended up getting to mount it three times:hysterical:.next shoot i see you at i'll give the low down on it.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
No doubt about it Yote...might be hard to find a place to hunt in those parts...

I'm hopin to make another shoot over there, after my Colorado trip!!! Gotta try for the "hat trick"!!!!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.