Drury-Mincy CA

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by MajorWyss, Oct 26, 2010.

1. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    My daughter's boyfriend got drawn for the managed muzzleloader hunt at Drury-Mincy this past weekend, along with his dad and grandpa. I talked with him last night about their experience, and he said they saw 7 elk and only 1 deer the whole time. Is that pretty normal for down there?

2. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I have never seen an Elk in there but who knows???:cheers:

3. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

Not sure bout common but there is/was a HIGH fence operation down there inside the area. We found a spot along the fence, in a draw, that was WIDE open. The tracks coming out of it were definitely elk. So it doesn't surprise me.

Seems like they are ahead of the curve for introducing Elk to missouri. :D

We went on that hunt 2 or 3 years ago.

4. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    Been on that hunt several times but never seen any elk. that has been three or four years ago though since I was last there. Although I did hear one bugle the last year I was there. I just figured it was on a farm somewhere.

5. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Friend of mine from Carthage was drawn and shot a nice little 8 point buck with his ML. Probably score around 100" or so.

He didn't say anything about seeing any elk.

6. Thwack 08

Thwack 08 New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I have hunted down there a long time. There is a High Fence area by Drury that has elk on it. What I have heard is that the same people that own the Skaggs Hospital have that land and have some elk on it. The fence is not the best in some spots so I am sure that there are a few free roamin thru there. I have seen them on the other side of the high fence but never on the public part.

7. MO Deer Slayer

MO Deer Slayer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    bean field near you
    I have a buddy who has land next to Mincy and we have seen deer every time down their killed two and going back for more Friday

8. sambo3006

sambo3006 Active Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    I've hunted that hunt at least a dozen times over the last 25 years and killed deer the last three times. I didn't get drawn last year but heard the kill was way down. I got drawn this year and stayed out in the woods Saturday from before light to sundown when the thunder started rolling. Never saw a deer, didn't go back Sunday.