dropped the coin for kansas bow tags earlier

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Bowhunter4life, May 31, 2009.

1. Bowhunter4life

Bowhunter4life New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Now i am even more pumped for deer season, who else is hunting kansas>

2. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Centralia
    I do every year....Just glad for me it got cheaper....FIL owns the ground and as long as i stay married to his daughter i pay resident fees.:claphands:

3. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

Is there not a draw for KS bow tags??

4. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i hunt it. this year will hunt it exclusivly. think i am done with MO goatin. not because kansas is all that because MO is good, but Kansas doesn't try telling me what i can and can't kill. imagine how they do that and everyone is still wanting to hunt there because there is a pope and young behind every other tree and a boone and crockett lurking in every square mile.:confused::D

5. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

theres deer in kansas???:shrug:

6. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1281219&tid=89641&author=BILLYGOAT]theres deer in kansas???:shrug:[/rquote]

nope that purely sarcastic, ain't seen a deer in kansas in years, turkey for that matter either. heck i don't even think that waste land has ducks that visit, just fly over and keep goind. kansas is a waste of time and money.:hysterical:

7. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Centralia
    [rquote=1281224&tid=89641&author=winger][rquote=1281219&tid=89641&author=BILLYGOAT]theres deer in kansas???:shrug:[/rquote]

nope that purely sarcastic, ain't seen a deer in kansas in years, turkey for that matter either. heck i don't even think that waste land has ducks that visit, just fly over and keep goind. kansas is a waste of time and money.:hysterical:[/rquote]

Yep and when you do see a deer well...they only have 3 legs and one antler and thats the does...never seen a buck before. :hysterical:

8. rangerdvr

rangerdvr Senior Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    [rquote=1281114&tid=89641&author=Bowhunter4life]Now i am even more pumped for deer season, who else is hunting kansas>[/rquote]

How did you get the license?? I am attempting to do it on-line and it keeps giving me an error and the on-line people were no help. The deadline is 1 June, I will call the actual Kansas peeps tommorow.

9. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1281235&tid=89641&author=rangerdvr][rquote=1281114&tid=89641&author=Bowhunter4life]Now i am even more pumped for deer season, who else is hunting kansas>[/rquote]

How did you get the license?? I am attempting to do it on-line and it keeps giving me an error and the on-line people were no help. The deadline is 1 June, I will call the actual Kansas peeps tommorow.[/rquote]

give pratt a call and buy it over the phone.

10. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i think i will walk into wally o world the day before bow season or maybe after bow season starts as it is till hot then, and buy my kansas tag.:D

11. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    its a draw, but you almost guranteed a tag. Its all in the units you pick

12. p17

p17 Senior Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Holt
    I put in for 9 and 10.

13. what property you gonna be huntin and how much were tags?

14. by property i mean public or do you have somethin lined up

15. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    i got a public peice that is awesome, but i also have private to hunt on

16. Bowhunter4life

Jun 12, 2005
    322 bucks is what is cost

17. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Hunt Kansas every year. There aren't any deer in Kansas it's a flat state, no trees or nothing:peepwall::stirpot::D:cheers:

I hunt unit 16 Barber County:cheers:

18. p17

p17 Senior Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Holt
    I hunt Hunting Sports Plus leases. Lots of land.

19. rangerdvr

rangerdvr Senior Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    I fought my way through the system and have paid for my tags. Just wait the notifacation that I am drawn.

20. barmandr

barmandr Sheeple Herder

Apr 25, 2009
    Bellevue, NE
    [rquote=1281169&tid=89641&author=WhiteTailer]I do every year....Just glad for me it got cheaper....FIL owns the ground and as long as i stay married to his daughter i pay resident fees.:claphands:[/rquote]

You can only get the resident price if you are a resident landowner. You may qualify for a relative tag though, but if your wife is not on the title, good luck. See below from Kansas game and parks,,,

Hunt-Own-Land and Special Hunt-Own-Land Permits:
    Available over-the-counter through seasons. Hunt-Own-Land permits are valid for any season with equipment legal for that season, and only on lands owned and operated for agricultural purposes. This permit is available to individuals who qualify as landowners, tenants, nonresident landowners or as family members living with the landowner or tenant. This permit is not transferable. Another type of permit -- the Special Hunt-Own-Land permit -- may be issued to a landowner's or tenant's siblings and lineal ascendants or descendants, and their spouses, whether or not a Kansas resident. For example, a grandson and his wife, a daughter and her husband, a parent, or a brother and his wife would be eligible for this permit. However, a landowner's or tenant's uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, or cousin is not eligible for this permit. The permit is valid only on lands owned or operated by the landowner or tenant, and may be used in any season with equipment legal for that season. This permit is not transferable. All Hunt-Own-Land permits are limited to one per 80 acres owned or operated.

Description of Non-Resident:
    Those persons not meeting the requirements of a resident as defined above.