Drop Tine?

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by Shrapnel, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    Hard to tell from this pic....I always wanted a good droptine buck to mount. Not sure he's very big but hard to tell from this angle with the rest of the rack facing straight away.

[file]144007[/file]

[file]144009[/file]

2. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I don't think he's very big at least but that sure looks like a drop tine or maybe a misformed G2???

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Well, he looks kinda thin, to be a real old deer.... Not very "girthy" if ya know what I mean. But, trophy quality is up to the shooter, as long as he's legal.....:D

4. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    I agree Joe, was just excited to see a droptine on my camera! Do we know if once a drop always a drop? Sure wish I would have got a picture of the other side to see if it matches.

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Senior Hunter

[rquote=1869804&tid=130165&author=archer66]I don't think he's very big at least but that sure looks like a drop tine or maybe a misformed G2???[/rquote]

I think its the G2 misformed

6. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1869811&tid=130165&author=Shrapnel]I agree Joe, was just excited to see a droptine on my camera! Do we know if once a drop always a drop? Sure wish I would have got a picture of the other side to see if it matches.[/rquote]

Hopefully he makes it through the season, and you get a better look at him next year.....:praying:

7. KCCyclone

KCCyclone New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    KCMO
    [rquote=1869814&tid=130165&author=Jagermeister][rquote=1869804&tid=130165&author=archer66]I don't think he's very big at least but that sure looks like a drop tine or maybe a misformed G2???[/rquote]

I think its the G2 misformed[/rquote]

Pretty sure that's a tine that broke while in velvet.

8. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    I think this might be the other side of the buck in the first post, his left side is missing a brow tine and seems to be angled differently....hope to get the whole rack in one pic soon!

[file]146078[/file]

9. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    What kind of Remington cam do you have?

10. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Looks like a messed up G2 to me. Probably hit it on something while in velvet.