Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wanting to switch to a drop away rest this year and would like to see what everyone else is shooting or have shot, and what you think of it. let me know good and bad. i am having a hard time picking. if i cant decide i will prolly just shoot a good old TM hunter.

thanks Josh

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
New Archery Products Quicktune models. All you need to decide is how much adjustability you want.

The TT Shakey Hunter MoBowman mentioned is also a great rest IMO.

Forgot to mention the new Alpine rest look really great for the price.

BTH

·
Registered
83 Posts
vital bow gear has a kazaway rest that works great its probaly the fastest drow away rest on the market . also is one of the easiest rest to tune . if you draw your bow and have to let it up it will grab your arrow to keep it from falling of your bow . cost about 94.00.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I have a DropZone. I like it alot. First time I have been able to shoot veins.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys!! has anyone ever had any problems with the cords on the fall aways breaking or freying? i guess i'm just a skeptic still, but i want to try and find a fool proof rest.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by JNH
thanks guys!! has anyone ever had any problems with the cords on the fall aways breaking or freying? i guess i'm just a skeptic still, but i want to try and find a fool proof rest.
Can you say Whisker.....

Bout as fool proof as them come !

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a hard time with the whole wisker thing. i had a rest that totally enclosed the arrow and it was a pain to shoot, not very forgiving at all, but i may end up trying one. i will have to do alot more thinking about that one.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by Snowman
I have a DropZone. I like it alot. First time I have been able to shoot veins.
I too shoot the Trophy Ridge DropZone. Snowman likes this rest...i LOVE this rest. I have tried others and this one is the rest that I have concluded with!

I've had no problems with the cords fraying or anything really. I would suggest having a pro shop "tie" it...if you like doing your own (like I do) give me a U2U and I will show you how to keep the cord to the opposite of your drawing, so that the cord won't keep getting in the way when the bow is drawn back.

·
5,632 Posts
I don't shoot one yet but I will have a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I love the look of this rest and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by JNH
i have a hard time with the whole wisker thing. i had a rest that totally enclosed the arrow and it was a pain to shoot, not very forgiving at all, but i may end up trying one. i will have to do alot more thinking about that one.
I was very skeptical too but I do love it. Nothing machanical to fail and I sure like that in anything I do that involves hunting.
For the money try one first I think you'll be surprised.

Now that all being said I don't shoot 1000's of arrows any more, not sure how much you shoot.

·
27,514 Posts
I have an NAP Quicktune 4000 on one of my bows. The other bow has a WB. I'm really leaning toward removing the WB and replacing it with a drop away.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I just put on a Cobra drop-away and an arrow holder on my shelf. I waited for a couple of years, while my buddy had his NAP drop-away, before I decided to change. It shrunk my groups and I love the way it functions. I would definitely have a pro shop install whichever one you choose.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.