Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out today that I drew for a Wyoming archery antelope tag.:dancin: Heading out for the last week of August for a bowhunt over waterholes. Anyone ever been? Any advice.

·
just a no body
16,020 Posts
that sounds like fun..kinda suprised you had to draw for a tag tho..they'r every freakn where out there.. I was imagining trying to sneak up on a praire goat close enough to arrow :banghead: I guess ambushing one at a water hole would be alot easier

take pics

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
Good luck on your hunt!

My advice would be to practice shooting out of a blind.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i anit got no advice never done that yet but sure would like to
just wanted to congradulate you on your tag

if you wouldn't mind sharring are you going to public land on your own or using a outtfitter on privte land? wouldn't mind hearing more deatails if your willing to share

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Private land. No guide. Tents and campfires, no A/C or showers and 100 degree days. Just the way I want it. There will be blinds pre-set at the waterholes. No.1 PnY county in the world.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I've been, but it's only on $30 doe tags (spot, stalk & shoot) not much advice other than sit by that water and wait, they'll come to ya.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Congrats to you RAKMAN!
Hope you have a great hunt!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Originally posted by venatic
Good luck on your hunt!

My advice would be to practice shooting out of a blind.
Ditto on what Venatic said. Shooting while kneeling is a lot different than standing upright or standing in a tree stand. Build a makeshift blind at your practice area or if you have a pop up blind use that till you build up your confidence. I do expect to see some pics of your adventures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.