Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really into trying to arrow a deer this early so I am gonna try to stick a big gobbler on Friday. Went out this morning and got within 75 yards of a tree that had four adults roosted in it before I even knew it. Fortunately they went the other direction when they flew down. :cheers: I hadn't spooked them because I had stopped walking, knowing I was in the roosting area.

Also, I walked within just 100 yards or so of a group of young ones that were feeding when I was walking out.

Might be a pretty good opener. Anyone else just going out to try to get a bird and waiting till later to get serious about the big boy?

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
If the opportunity presents itself, I'll let an arrow fly at a tom! :wink4:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:roll2:I'm so excited about the "season" being right around corner that I haven't even laid out any plans yet. Eventhough I have a lot of burners in the fire I'm still gonna get out and do something.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I have a chance to hunt my dads early season stand. He is busy building a house and I am going to give it a try this weekend. it has produced shot opportunitys at 150 or better the last two years on opening weekend. The property is overrun with turkeys so there will probably be a chance at them as well.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I've got several birds (from the tracks present) that are going into my buckwheat plots apparently to get the seeds. If they're there, they're getting stuck.

I LOVE TURKEY MEAT!

Parker

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i think i am gonna play with birdies till she cools down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.