Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I whack some doves on my uncles farm and do pretty good, but had been thinkin bout also checkin out a CA this year.. never hunted at one...

Anyone hunted any in southwest mo? Wheres a decent one to check out, Bois D'arc?

Anyone got any tips in general about hunting the CA's for doves? Im used to free range on my uncles farm, but hear on the CA's you've got some pretty heavy competition....

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
i have had some great shoots on ca's at shawnee. definately enough people to keep the birds flying. be prepared for incoming shrapnel though. a lot of that. get there early and find you a good spot.

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
anyone know anything about bois darc?
It's got a funny name!

·
White Board Man
14,373 Posts
If you're going to hunt CA's I'd a wear a Flak vest, Kevelar and eye protection. I hunted a couple 2 years ago and there were so many people out there and only a handfull took the time to know where others were. The son and I was pelted with shot the whole time out. Granted it was from far enough off it didn't hurt bad, but none the less it wasn't something I cared for and haven't been back out to public lands for dove.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
rebelcj

Gonna be at Bois D'Arc on the opener. You should join our crew. I organize it for the people I work with, but you are more than welcome. Had a great time last year, we got the perfect spot picked out too. We will meet at the maintence shed at 4:15 am on the first. Let me know if you plan to come.

BTH

·
Registered
42,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
Better not be Whacking any more doves on your uncles farm until the first of September. That is opening day here in Missouri. Private or State owned land.
I know it doesnt open until sept 1st................... I havent shot any yet :confused:

I guess i worded it wrong, i didnt mean that ive been hunting them already.. i was just meaning that normally DURING season i hunt around here and do decent, and had just been thinking about trying out a ca as well this year..

Sorry for the confusion mm :cheers:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Originally posted by jmmcguire
BWAH DUH ARK?
Close, perhaps we need Hayzers german/spanish/whotheheckknows translation :D
I think it's French and the only thing I can figure is it means "drink arch". But other than that ya got me. Give me something Spanish or German and I can help ya. I'm just not a big fan of the French or their language.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.