Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
This past year I found out by accident that the Missouri Dept. of Consevation has maps on line of various food plots in different MDC hunting areas all over the state. It gives you a map of the area and marks in yellow the food plots that were planted with sunflowers just for us to hunt. They go through a week or two prior to opening day and brush hog strips through the standing sunflowers to lure in the doves. The sites should be up in a couple of weeks for us to check out. I used google maps and cross referenced the google aerial photos with the food plot locations on MDC land. That way I can follow fence rows to the food plots and avoid any unneccessary walking and dead end creek crossings that may occur. Just look up your favorite spots to hunt and find the posted maps for dove hunting food plots. They should be posting them fairly soon. Or email them for the expected dates to post info. Good Luck and bring plenty of shells.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I talked with some folks that hunted doves at Grand Pass last year and said they had a blast and got into alot of shooting. One thing you might want to check on is if you can shoot lead or if you have to shoot steel at them. I know that Grand Pass you have to use steel shot at them and boy could that get expensive quick.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
I talked with some folks that hunted doves at Grand Pass last year and said they had a blast and got into alot of shooting. One thing you might want to check on is if you can shoot lead or if you have to shoot steel at them. I know that Grand Pass you have to use steel shot at them and boy could that get expensive quick.
Josh, give me a call this season if you come over to the Pass....I can tell ya bout another public spot, where ya can shoot lead, over sunflowers!!!! Sho need a good dog though...

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I will be down at the pass several times this fall, but only for duck hunting. Let me know if you want to go along on a good quacker hunt down there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
OVES

:mad2: geeze, i've been gone so long some probably don't know me,lol. Never hunted at bush, but would think it's very crouded. I hunt em up north tho. was a blast, last year ! Like some one mentioned tho, bring lots of shells. ha ha Heard 4 birds per box was average ? Thats what i got, but think i should have done a bit better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.