Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,093 Posts
Guys been talking about fake racks vs real racks for years. :D:ROFLMAO:

Nicely done, it really is hard to tell which is real and which is manmade. (y)

·
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Why did u make the replica ?
Short version….my boys and I have spent 3 years with this buck. Lots of videos and pics. Never seeing him. My great nephew shot him this year. That is Who we hoped would get him if we didn’t. So I told him we would replicate the sheds for him if we could replicate the rack.

Long version is at link below. I plan on fixing the inside leaners on the sheds.(shed Replicas ) Puts him real close to 200”.

·
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is this a fun hobby?? My wife makes art by casting different shapes and this is pretty cool!
Yes. So far just a hobby. My First attempt. The supplies to do this puts you about $200-250 in the hole. Now I know why the replicas are pushing $600 to $3000. Cheap one is a no name buck and the expensive ones are too end world class famous deer.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The supplies to do this puts you about $200-250 in the hole.
the part that gets me is the short shelf life of the stuff she uses. If we don't make a mould within a couple weeks it goes bad so we have all sorts of weird stuff she can cast. My favorite is a foam hotdog she made me. Even has ketchup and mustard on it.

·
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
the part that gets me is the short shelf life of the stuff she uses. If we don't make a mould within a couple weeks it goes bad so we have all sorts of weird stuff she can cast. My favorite is a foam hotdog she made me. Even has ketchup and mustard on it.
Yes you don’t want to order a lot of it. Kind of like concrete. Better have some extra sidewalk forms ready for the extra. She is gonna set up fast!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts