Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I probably should have waited a bit but didn’t want to keep you in suspense any longer. This is my first ever paint job. I only had 2 grays and 3 browns to work with. Going to buy some more shades of paint. Tackett is really loving doing this and wants to try to get it “perfect”.
It is unbelievable how exact these are. The paint makes every scratch dent and chip pop out just like on the real one.
Without further ado here is the real one and the fake one or the fake one and the real one or??? Which one is which?
Photograph Natural material Nature Branch Wood
Vertebrate Natural material Organism Fawn Wood

·
Super Moderator
25,573 Posts
The bottom one is the replica. We didn’t realize how dark the real one is. Tackett is going to keep painting till he gets it closer. Fun fun memories being made.
i have seen plenty of racks the coloration of the replica. The stickers on the right base looks more real on the replica than it does on the real rack:)

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have seen plenty of racks the coloration of the replica. The stickers on the right base looks more real on the replica than it does on the real rack:)
The replica does show more detail than the real one in places. The lighter color let’s you see them easier. We have looked back and forth a lot. Is that scratch on the real one? Yes it is it just doesn’t show up as well. We even found Tackett’s initials. TH on it. On the real one as well.
Wood Artifact Font Tints and shades Rock

Natural material Wood Trunk Hardwood Grass

1 - 20 of 32 Posts