Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lunch break commander
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realy get my blood preasure up when I walk out to our car and find that someone carelessly slammed their door into my car, but it is far worse when you are the one that did it to someone else. You stand there staring at the damage and people are looking at you and you realy want to just scream.

we pulled into mcdonalds today and my 3yr old was so excited that he flung the door open on my f150 and hammerd this brand new suv:eek:. I was about sick. this was not your normal small door ding because the car was just far enough away that the door continued to scrach as it slid all the way open.

I am about to cry:whinging: becaus I am thinking that when I find these people that they are going to make me pay for a brand new paint job and fender repair.

I ask around inside until I find the guy who owns the car and we go out to take a look. I give him my insurance imformation just incase they will cover it.

He looks at me and says:
"you know most people would have just left and said nothing. I am a police officer and I respect your honesty." He then says:
"you can just forget about it and I will take care of it, have a merry Christmas."

What a nice guy, and thank you if you see this.
We have some great guys out there serving our cities and towns.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
that would only happen to a preacher, the rest of us would be paying big bucks, congratdulations

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Good fortune smiled on you today......but I think insurance would have covered it not sure though...

I've been the victim of 4...yep count em....1 2 3 4 hit and runs on my vehicles while they were parked either in a parking lot or in front of my house when i used to live in town. I was fortunate enough to hunt down and confront the person who did it on two of them and they paid up....the other two I footed the bill. Not much is worse in my opinion than damaging someone else's property and not owning up to it. You did the right thing today and you were rewarded for it. Need more folks like you in this world.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
pastor, that reminds me of just a few weeks ago on thanksgiving what happend to me.
The night before thanksgiving some drunk or crazy driver managed to side swipe my 06 dodge truck on the highway and was able to get away before we got his plate #. I had to get the whole passenger side of the truck refinished including a new mirror, window, door handles moldings and paint. The total was over $3500.00 and now I have the claim on my insurance.:mad2: So the next day after that happend, I was in my little camo truck which is an 86 and is not anything special but I still hate to see it get damaged. I am walking out of my in laws and the neighbor across the street backed into the bed on the toyota. He gets out and says ohhhh im sorry. I am having a bad day. How much damage did I do? I said I have had two of my three vehicles wrecked in two days. I said I think I am the one having a bad day. Don't worry about it and enjoy your holiday. I gave him a free pass since there was not much damage at all. I hope the generosity comes back to me sometime soon.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
I'm of the mindset that most people are good by nature & this just reinforces it. I would be confident in betting that you've done many things along these same lines pastor.

Not to long ago, Jenny was eating lunch in a local restraunt. The owner of the place sideswiped her truck. It's our work truck with a lot of minor body damage already, so it wasn't really that big of a deal. Little dent in the fender & a pretty good scrape down the side. Had the owner came in & manned up, we would have had the exact same attitude as the officer you encountered. However, he didn't. He just drove away. Unfortunately for him, a lady across the street seen it all take place & came in the restraunt & asked who owned that truck. Jenny stood up & thanked her for coming forward. Turns out, there was an off duty officer eating as well, so he called it in. When tracked down, the owner denied doing it. Officer started pulling out tailight pieces from the mans van & told him it would be no big deal matching them up if he wanted to continue that line of thought. Told him he might want to rethink, since it was a hit & run with wittnesses. We still let them off easy & didn't get it fixed, but like I said, we woulda walked away from it & not thought twice had they not tried to lie their way out of it. Only think I hate worse than a liar is a thief.

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Doing what is right pays off again. Should be great material for church don't ya think.:cheers:

·
Lunch break commander
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Bux n Dux
pastor, that reminds me of just a few weeks ago on thanksgiving what happend to me.
The night before thanksgiving some drunk or crazy driver managed to side swipe my 06 dodge truck on the highway and was able to get away before we got his plate #. I had to get the whole passenger side of the truck refinished including a new mirror, window, door handles moldings and paint. The total was over $3500.00 and now I have the claim on my insurance.:mad2: So the next day after that happend, I was in my little camo truck which is an 86 and is not anything special but I still hate to see it get damaged. I am walking out of my in laws and the neighbor across the street backed into the bed on the toyota. He gets out and says ohhhh im sorry. I am having a bad day. How much damage did I do? I said I have had two of my three vehicles wrecked in two days. I said I think I am the one having a bad day. Don't worry about it and enjoy your holiday. I gave him a free pass since there was not much damage at all. I hope the generosity comes back to me sometime soon.
1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Eccl 11:1 (KJV)

·
Registered
5,451 Posts

Lotsa good people in this world.
Thumbs up to the both of you.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
wish i could run into some of them good people, i knocked 750 dollars off a guys bill today the wife went to collect and he said oh by the way we got a nail in a tire you need to knock off another 12.50

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Originally posted by marshallgrn
that would only happen to a preacher, the rest of us would be paying big bucks, congratdulations
Maybe its just that black cloud thats hanging over your head??:cheers::cheers:

Originally posted by marshallgrn wish i could run into some of them good people, i knocked 750 dollars off a guys bill today the wife went to collect and he said oh by the way we got a nail in a tire you need to knock off another 12.50

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Good for you Pastor. :2thumbsup:

Had it happen to my wife just after I bought her a new SUV. Only difference was she was right there when the guy threw his door open. Oh, he was apologetic at the time, gave her his name and phone # and Ins info, told her to call later. So when I called, he flat denied everything :mad2: said he came no where near the car. Filed a police report, but we were out of towners and he was a good ole local boy. You know how far that went. His Ins co would do nothing....even though in his own writing he had given us all the Ins info. Ended up costing me a $500 deductable :sniper:

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Should have went to see Judge Judy:cheers:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Originally posted by Chad

Originally posted by marshallgrn wish i could run into some of them good people, i knocked 750 dollars off a guys bill today the wife went to collect and he said oh by the way we got a nail in a tire you need to knock off another 12.50
I guess it probably is chad, btw i see your time out is over :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think that the best part of your story is the lesson that you taught your 3 yr old. Knowing that dad owned up to a mistake and didn't just drive away will teach that kid how a real man acts.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Originally posted by Chad

I guess it probably is chad, btw i see your time out is over :cheers::cheers:
Yes sir. I seem to have one of them black clouds too. Best thing to do is, BE HAPPY..:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts