Don't tell anybody but I think..

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by TATER, Nov 3, 2010.

1. TATER

TATER Active Member

...DanF and his oldest boy are now addicted to duck hunting..:peepwall::whistle::2thumbsup:

And if you get a chance to hunt Bob Brown it is a good time to go and make sure you have pintail decoys because there are a whole passel of them long necked dudes up there...:eek::2thumbsup:

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

A buddy of mine shot a banded pintail at the Grove the other day.

3. TATER

TATER Active Member

We shot 8 pintail yesterday but none of them had jewelry...

4. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    HEard tell ya'll saw an exploding teal.:D

5. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [file]145696[/file]

Tater, DanF, and Dan's boy Sean

[file]145698[/file]

A flock of Swampy Dekes

[file]145700[/file]

[file]145702[/file]

6. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    what is that woodie doing to that deke?

Nice pics, nice blocks, nice job fellas....when is it my turn???

7. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    good goin ladies

8. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1877836&tid=130776&author=S_Z_R]what is that woodie doing to that deke?

[/rquote]

Celebrating San Franciscos World Series Championship.:rof2:

9. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

Good one DADA

10. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO

11. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1878041&tid=130776&author=MJO21]Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO[/rquote]

That's a Green Wing Teal.....:D

12. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    [rquote=1878061&tid=130776&author=callaojoe][rquote=1878041&tid=130776&author=MJO21]Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO[/rquote]

That's a Green Wing Teal.....:D[/rquote]

Seriously?
    Heck...I looked it up and see both ducks have green eyebands!

MJO

13. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1878072&tid=130776&author=MJO21][rquote=1878061&tid=130776&author=callaojoe][rquote=1878041&tid=130776&author=MJO21]Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO[/rquote]

Seriously?

MJO[/rquote]

They do, or I should say they can. the one in that pic above, is definitely a GWT. Most of the wigeon I have killed in Mo, are not in full color plumage....

Here is an American wigeon....

[file]145733[/file]

14. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    CalloJoe is spot on. The bird with the decoy is in fact a GWT drake.

15. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    It was a great day to call in sick!!!

16. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1878041&tid=130776&author=MJO21]Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO[/rquote]

Search for " Ducks at a Distance". Its a pocket sized book for taking to the field, identifies most ducks for ya, at least the common ones around here, amongst others. :cheers:

17. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003

MJO[/rquote]

that's arlight. i got me a buddy that is the self proclaimed duck expert, matter of fact he told me he has mastered every duck in this flyway except for the drake cback and he will accomplish that this year. should have seen the expert last year bragging about his redheads and especially the big readhead. bragged all the way to his brother's house where he was informed it was a hen canvassback. duck expert:rof2::rof2: he is a good kid and i love hunting with him though.:cheers:

18. S_Z_R

S_Z_R New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    SWMO
    [rquote=1878072&tid=130776&author=MJO21][rquote=1878061&tid=130776&author=callaojoe][rquote=1878041&tid=130776&author=MJO21]Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO[/rquote]

Seriously?

MJO[/rquote]

To answer the other question....yes if the species is not listed individually with a limit, you may take up to 6 of that species.

Have a great day

19. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    [rquote=1881453&tid=130776&author=S_Z_R][rquote=1878072&tid=130776&author=MJO21][rquote=1878061&tid=130776&author=callaojoe][rquote=1878041&tid=130776&author=MJO21]Alright trying to learn some duck ID's... the green eye band is a Wigeon right? When I looked in the waterfowl handbook that is the duck I think it is. But then I look at the limits and it says 6 in the daily bag but wigeon is not even listed? Does this mean any duck not individually listed you can take 6 of them?

MJO[/rquote]

Thank you,
    MJO

Seriously?

MJO[/rquote]

To answer the other question....yes if the species is not listed individually with a limit, you may take up to 6 of that species.

Have a great day[/rquote]

20. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    [rquote=1877573&tid=130776&author=TATER]...DanF and his oldest boy are now addicted to duck hunting..:peepwall::whistle::2thumbsup:

And if you get a chance to hunt Bob Brown it is a good time to go and make sure you have pintail decoys because there are a whole passel of them long necked dudes up there...:eek::2thumbsup:[/rquote]

NAW NOT A CHANCE HES A GOAT HUNTER. DONT BE STARTING RUMORS LIKE THAT TATER.

:eek: