·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don\'t know if this is true..

.. but I hope it is!
AIRSPACE VIOLATION PROTOCOL

According to a Marine Pilot:

In addition to communicating with the local Air Traffic Control facility, all aircraft in the Persian Gulf AOR are required to give the Iranian Air Defense Radar (military) a ten minute 'heads up' if they will be transiting Iranian airspace.

This is a common procedure for commercial aircraft and involves giving them your call sign, transponder code, type aircraft, and points of origin and destination.

I just flew with a guy who overheard this conversation on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai . It's too good not to pass along. The conversation went something like this...

Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft at (location unknown), you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'

Air Defense Radar: (no response ... total silence)

:whiteflag::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Thats hilarious :rock:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If its not true it should be :sniper:

·
17,685 Posts
Originally posted by Piney
In the famous words of Al Bundy "LET'S ROCK" :superman:
:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

AL BUNDY IS MY LIFELONG HERO:rock:

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Considering some of the other stories that I have heard of from the soldiers, it very well could be true. I have recieved some hilarious bombing videos in e-mails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts