Don't Know How To Get Through To This Guy?

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by oneshot 1, May 26, 2009.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I'm talking with a guy on another Forum about hunting Rabbits with a High Caliber Muzzleloader.Told him Head shots would be fine.He says it don't matter all they save is the Legs :eek: I told him that this POed me off that it was a waste of good meat.

He says there is no meat on the Back of a Rabbit :confused: I told him there is just as much meat on a Back as there is on a Hind Leg if not more.He then tells me the Rabbits in Nothern Missouri don't have that much meat on them.

Ok I know I'm[​IMG]

I have no idea how to get through to this Guy.

oneshot
    :D Yea the Big Grin eats the whole critter,Hide,Guts and all.

2. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Love the white meat on the back of a rabbit,well its sorta white

3. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    why waste your breath? kinda like the duckers on here you just have to ignore them :peepwall:

4. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

[rquote=1275292&tid=89273&author=Big L]Love the white meat on the back of a rabbit,well its sorta white[/rquote]

I am, :thinking: thinking the back is the best part just my opinion:shrug:

5. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Unfortunately, it's kinda like good old fried chicken........ some like the breasts and some the thighs but most never like the back.... not saying it is right or wrong....... just sayin .........:peepwall::cheers: As for me. I like the crunches on all of it....... :whistle::whistle::woot:

6. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1275294&tid=89273&author=marshallgrn] why waste your breath? kinda like the duckers on here you just have to ignore them :peepwall:[/rquote]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::scared::scared::pop:

7. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    I have posted this before and I like it better than frying,put the rabbits in electric skillet on low and cover to the top of rabbit with carlo rossi sangria wine and slow cook turning frequently to avoid drying out.When they are done all your wine turns to like a thick,sticky barbq sauce,man this making me hungry,works real well on pork chops to:cheers:

8. [rquote=1275294&tid=89273&author=marshallgrn] why waste your breath? kinda like the duckers on here you just have to ignore them :peepwall:[/rquote]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing:

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

:cheers:

9. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    We rip out the front legs first. Just rip them out. Place in bowl. then proceed cleaning them. What you have left is the entire back with back legs attached and two front legs when you're done. the neck area is cut off along with some of the front shoulders. We try and keep as much as we can.

10. bowbender

bowbender Well-Known Member

Some people are not open to suggestions. Not much you can do.
    The part of the back with the ribcage does not have much meat, but the lower back with the stomach flap trimmed off is about as good as it gets!! If he does not save that, it is definately his loss!

MMMM... I can actually smell it cooking. Now I am starved!!!

11. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    the rabbits in northern mo are bigger too.

We cut the stomach flap off also. You can cut the back into two piece. Fry that up. Its the best part. So nice and tender.

12. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

David,
    Just do a pictorial the next time you skin one out. (After gutting it). Show him exactly what you're talking about.

13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    i usually shoot em and let em lay

:peepwall:

14. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    [rquote=1275324&tid=89273&author=GoGop]David,
    Just do a pictorial the next time you skin one out. (After gutting it). Show him exactly what you're talking about. [/rquote]

You know I just did a search on YouTube.Man them people waste way too much time.Rabbits are the easiest to clean of all Game.I pull the Head off,pop the Guts out soon as I kill it.Get home make a slit across the Back,pull the Hide both ways,cut the Feet and Tail off.Make sure the inside is good and clean.Cut Legs off,split the Ribs,cut t the Back in two just behind the Ribs.Ready to be cooked up and no waste.

Do Squirrel basically the same,just tuff enough that you can't pull the Head off or Pop the Guts out.But like I say basically the same.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin just eats them in the Field.

15. atdalake

atdalake New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Missouri
    Oneshot....no point in arguing with folks like that. It's kind of like the old saying about don't try to teach a pig to sing....it just wastes your time and annoys the pig! :D