Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a game camera photo contest at the Columbia Deer Classic. I have picked out a couple that I'm going to submit. Here are the rules that are posted on the Missouri Deer Classic website.

------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 Whitetail Trail Cam Photo Contest

To pre enter Mail to:
Missouri Deer Classic
213 Sixth St.
Farmington, Mo. 63640

1. Photo must be no smaller than an 8 x 10 or no larger than an 8 ½ x 11.
2. The entry fee is $5 per photo.
3. The name, address and phone number of the owner of the photo must be on the back of the photo and not visible from the front.
4. Print must show date and time stamp to be eligible.
5. tc2Print must be submitted to the Missouri Deer Classic (MDC) officials no later than 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 6, 2010.
6. Print must remain on public exhibition until 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 7, 2010. Any prints remaining after 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 7, 2010, that do not have a self-addressed, stamped envelope provided become the property of the MDC and may be used on the MDC website.
7. tc4The winner will be determined by popular vote of the MDC attendees. Voting will end at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, March 7, 2010, and the winner will be announced upon final tally. Need not be present to win. MDC officials will contact the winner within three days. Also the photo does no need to be from the current deer season.
8. The winner agrees that the MDC will retain their photo to be scanned for use on the MDC website. Said photo will be returned to the owner at the MDC’s expense even if a return envelope is not provided.
9. All decisions of the MDC officials are final.
The winner will be rewarded with a new trail camera to catch that winning photo for 2011 show.

·
11,357 Posts
I seen that last year MM... So does the winner just recieve the braggin rights that MDC is using your photo? I never seen anything about what you are winning:confused: I mean to pay to submit a photo I would think you would win something:thinking:

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sent Mr. Roper an email asking a few questions that I personally have pertaining to the contest....like where do we mail the photos, what does the winner actually win and who gets the $5 entry fee. If and when I get a return email I will post the answers here.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
They have had this contest on the website for several years, and I can't say that I've ever seen them on display. :shrug:

No display (that I have seen), and no prizes talked about......kinda hard for me to give you 5 bucks to give you rights to my photo. :shrug:

Parker

·
11,357 Posts
[rquote=1584184&tid=109966&author=Parker]They have had this contest on the website for several years, and I can't say that I've ever seen them on display. :shrug:

No display (that I have seen), and no prizes talked about......kinda hard for me to give you 5 bucks to give you rights to my photo. :shrug:

Parker[/rquote]

My thoughts exactly as you can probably see from my post above, but you came out and said it the way I wanted to Parker:whistle: Thanks man:D:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it's just me but with them using the "MDC" letters it seems to lead me towards believing that the proceeds go to Missouri Department of Conservation.......but in reality it goes to Missouri Deer Classic and not the real MDC as we tend to believe it to in the rules posting.:shrug:

Hopefully he can answer our questions. I do seem to remember seeing some sort of display last year back in the arena area on a cork board...:shrug:

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1584042&tid=109966&author=Mailman]I have sent Mr. Roper an email asking a few questions that I personally have pertaining to the contest....like where do we mail the photos, what does the winner actually win and who gets the $5 entry fee. If and when I get a return email I will post the answers here.[/rquote]

Got an answer to most of my questions I asked Mr. Roper.

Here is my email I sent to him with my questions:
---------------------------------------------------
2010 Missouri Deer Classic Columbia Missouri

Two questions pertaining to the Game Camera Photo Contest....

1. Do the photos have to be from 2009 or can they be from any year?

2. Can I mail in my entries and how many can I send in? Where do I mail my entries or do I have to turn them in at the Classic.

Thanks,
Bill Stewart
"Mailman"
Missouriwhitetails.com
---------------------------------------------------------------
His return email:

Bill,
They do not have to be from 2009 they just have to have date and times in the photo.

Also you can mail them to:
Game Camera Photo Contest
c/o Ron Roper
213 Sixth St.
Farmington, Mo 63640

I will make sure they are displayed.

Thanks
Ron Roper
MDC Chairman

I forgot to ask what the prize was for the winning entry. I sent another email asking that question and I will update my post when I get an answer back.

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out that the prize will be a new game camera.

Mr. Roper changed the website listing of the rules of which I corrected on my original post. All I have to do now is get some 8 X 10's printed and mailed off. No way I can loose...:whistle:

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The photos have to be there by friday of this week to be entered. If not by mail you can hand carry them to Mr. Roper the morning of the Classic on Saturday.

·
Registered
70,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[rquote=1607423&tid=109966&author=northmobigbuck]Well I just sent in 3!!!!![/rquote]

Guess that means I'll have to send in 4...:trophy:

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.