Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
3,677 Posts
Do his spurs match the big beards?

6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll say, wow. Whats the story?
Been chasin him for 3 years.....tons of pics and video but always gave me the slip. Set up this morning on south side of my lease and never heard a gobble....hens all over me. Back to truck at 08:30 and went to Waffle House.....back at 09:30 and went to north end of lease....struck him up about 30 minutes later and called him in gobblin his head off at 11:00.....dead at 35yds.

1,533 Posts
Trophy tom right there if there is such a thing. A Tom is a Tom in most rights but having 3 beards is an extra bonus.

So did you recognize him in the pics with having 3 beards? Seems like he would have to of been close to 2 to be recognizable in pictures from the beards. That would put this bird at 5+ years old if so. It would be hard to recognize turkeys unless there is a unique quality to them and the 2 extra beards may work but at a mature age.

Reactions: combatmedic

6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trophy tom right there if there is such a thing. A Tom is a Tom in most rights but having 3 beards is an extra bonus.

So did you recognize him in the pics with having 3 beards? Seems like he would have to of been close to 2 to be recognizable in pictures from the beards. That would put this bird at 5+ years old if so. It would be hard to recognize turkeys unless there is a unique quality to them and the 2 extra beards may work but at a mature age.
I think he is 5.….easily recognizable

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,066 Posts
Great bird Mike, congrats!!!:cheers:

Didn’t you post pics of this bird earlier this year? :tup:

Reactions: combatmedic
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.