Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Triple Creek Hunter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done hunting deer until next season. All I am picking up on cams are does and bucks that have shed. Going after coyotes and bobcats now.
Been good season at Triple Creek 4 very nice bucks. Grandson and son in law got their first archery bucks. Neices little guy got his first deer. Neices husband took really big 8pt.
Only thing that could have been better was myself or wife taking the big 10. Luckily we did find his sheds. So something to look forward to next year. Several really nice bucks showed up early Dec so had several make it through gun season.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulled all my cams today. Lots of photos only one buck still carrying. Lots of bucks that have dropped. Will start checking for sheds soon.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
I saw a nice shooter Saturday morning, plus pics of lots of potential good bucks for next year.

2022 is shaping up to be a banner year. My wife will probably be the first person to kill a booner off our place next fall. :D

·
Registered
24,265 Posts
Pulled all my cams today. Lots of photos only one buck still carrying. Lots of bucks that have dropped. Will start checking for sheds soon.
sure seems like they drop earlier in the southern half of the state (Camden Co from my experience)...may be nutrition related.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be related to nutrition. I do provide several plots for them. Not sure if it helps but set out trace mineral blocks throughout the year as well. All the deer on cam look healthy. The 9pt that I shot late Dec was in good shape had lost lot of weight I am sure do to the rut. When he dropped early last year my Granddaughter found his shed in Dec. He was beat to hell looked like he had been in a bar fight and lost. I had him on cam just before he dropped. Are you in Camden County

·
Registered
24,265 Posts
Could be related to nutrition. I do provide several plots for them. Not sure if it helps but set out trace mineral blocks throughout the year as well. All the deer on cam look healthy. The 9pt that I shot late Dec was in good shape had lost lot of weight I am sure do to the rut. When he dropped early last year my Granddaughter found his shed in Dec. He was beat to hell looked like he had been in a bar fight and lost. I had him on cam just before he dropped. Are you in Camden County
we provided food plots as well and mineral and salt licks...may not be nutrition....

·
Triple Creek Hunter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First year I bought the property we had a 10pt still carrying mid Mar. Kinda of weird seems little different every year

·
Triple Creek Hunter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea i am sure I have bucks around still carrying. Just seems alot more than usual have dropped. I am in SE Benton County close to Climax Springs

·
#pointsmatter
2,782 Posts
Found 5 just driving the ranger through my bottom a few days ago. Went and watched tonight. Saw more shed bucks and half racks than bucks still holding. Going to try and get out and walk some woods. Seems terrible early but I've got 2 bucks that I really hope made it that I haven't seen for a while or they shed already. Going to suck if I find the big one dead but that's part of it.

·
#pointsmatter
2,782 Posts
Dallas county BTW and it seems way early. Probably all got the kung-flu and are sneezing them off

1 - 16 of 16 Posts