Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new lab puppy and will be looking to send it to a trainer this spring. Through some online research I have narrowed it down to Triple B Retrievers in Ashland and Dakota Labs in Old Monroe. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these trainers. I would like to select a trainer shortly after the new year so I can pick thier brain more as I begin starting obedience training.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

·
5,092 Posts
i'll give you two tips. tip one. if you give the dog a command than make sure they do it. don't ever give a command and then let them decide whether or not they want to obey it. tip two. teach them the word "no". it's a lot easier than teaching them all the things they aren't supposed to do. everytime they hear the word "no" they will stop what they are doing even though they might not even know they weren't supposed to be doing it. That being said my black lab makes me say everything twice. she does what i tell her to do but only on the second command. labs are smart dogs. :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.