·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Does look pretty skinny to me...

Atleaste she's eating though.

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Does look a bit thin, is it me or does that doe have a little nub on the left side of the head?

I have seen several pictures of deer taken recently, and they all look abit thin. Needs some fatting up before season.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by MoBowman
Does look a bit thin, is it me or does that doe have a little nub on the left side of the head?

I have seen several pictures of deer taken recently, and they all look abit thin. Needs some fatting up before season.

MoBowman ```---------->
I looked at the "nub" in another pic and it's just the way her ear looks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman
is it me or does that doe have a little nub on the left side of the head?

MoBowman ```---------->
I noticed that too. Could be a patch of skin like the hair has been worn off or fell out. She does look thin though. Not much there on her front shoulders.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
I saved this pic to my computer so I could zoom in for a closer look at that so called little nub on her head. If I am not mistaken it looks to be a tag with the number 98 on her left ear. Am I seeing things?
Mailman,

I think you could be right. I had a few other pics of this same doe and tried to zoom in on her left ear and it looked like there might be something there. The pic just gets a little to blurry to be for sure. What would that mean anyway if there was a tag?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
Originally posted by Marine95
Originally posted by Mailman
I saved this pic to my computer so I could zoom in for a closer look at that so called little nub on her head. If I am not mistaken it looks to be a tag with the number 98 on her left ear. Am I seeing things?
Mailman,

I think you could be right. I had a few other pics of this same doe and tried to zoom in on her left ear and it looked like there might be something there. The pic just gets a little to blurry to be for sure. What would that mean anyway if there was a tag?
Hmm.....if it is a tag, its probably a deer from a captive herd (high fence place) in the area then. They'd have a heck of a time trying to get her back though, if she's been out a while.

I agree that I've been seeing a lot of pretty skinny deer. Its that time of year.

And if this is a captive deer that got out, she may be skinny because she's used to eating out of a trough, not fending for herself.

I can't make out that its a tag, but I'm no photo expert.

Parker

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only problem is that if she was from a "captive herd" there is not one anywhere close that I know about. There is 700 acres of conservation land really close. Who knows, it might not even be a tag.

·
Registered
70,604 Posts
If that is a mineral lick that you got your camera set on move it a little closer if possible. Maybe she'll be back again for a closer pic. OR........you could wait till opening day and pop her and then we'll find out if it is a tag or not. At least she'll have one on her leg after that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I seen one over by Milan MO. last fall with a tag in her ear. She walked right out on the edge of the HWY and then turned & trotted along the road. I had to stop for fear of her walking out in front of me. This was right at the city limit sign on the edge of town and she was heading right into town when I last seen her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.