Does the rut run you down?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by thefraznkc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. thefraznkc

thefraznkc New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Independence
    We all know the toll the rut can take on a buck. They are going non stop fighting, chasing, breeding. When the rut is over the ones that did make it through the season are worn down and hurtin.

What affect does the rut have on you? I know that I've been going non stop, hunting at least 4 days a week. Sometimes staying up for 20 hours in a day, just so you can hunt in the morning. Its alot of work to get a nice buck. And, then there are the highs and lows. The sleepless nights after you cant find your deer and have to leave him over night. 2nd guessing yourself. Its alot of mental work as well.

What do you think?

2. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I am glad it doesn't last all year. But I can't get enough of it till it's over.

3. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    I lose sleep, weight and get sick every year during the rut. Last year was the hardest on my physically. Yes, it wears me down both mentally and physically. Not this year though...two bucks down so now I just getta chill and do some bird hunting.

4. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
  5. Radar

Radar Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Liberty , Mo.
    I'm mentally and physically exhausted . I need to take a break tomorrow and go into work for a day off . :) But Ill be back out Saturday morning .

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I think deer season ought to be open all year for bowhunters. I could sure use the meat.

7. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Just flat love it myself.....

8. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Ive hunted hard all week and its really wearing me down. Im not even that wound up for this weekend.

9. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    you don't know how much,but i will be hitting it in the am:D

10. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1892359&tid=131801&author=Cherokee]I think deer season ought to be open all year for bowhunters. I could sure use the meat.[/rquote]

Open all year weapon of choice. Limit 6 not more than 2 bucks. Of course you have to use quickdraw to see if you are allowed to hunt.

11. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    I am flat whooped. Tomorrow will be day 7 in a row. I had myself talked into sleeping in tomorrow. Then I talked to my 15 year old cousin that got us permission to hunt the ground I am hunting. He sounded so disappointed in me that I was not gonna give it one last go. "you can't kill a big one from your bed." So, round number 7 tomorrow. I feel like quite the underdog though.