Does anyone see anything wrong with this?

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by BIG OL AL, Mar 9, 2006.

1. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Madison man shoots would-be intruder, police say
    By Leah Thorsen

A Madison man shot a would-be intruder late Wednesday during an attempted home invasion, Police Chief Tom Voloski said today.

Two men went to the man's home in the 1600 block of Third Street about 11:20 p.m. and tried to kick down the door as they fired several gunshots into the door.

Two brothers were inside the house at the time and one of them returned fire, hitting one of the men outside, Voloski said.

The men fled, but police stopped their car in East St. Louis. The driver ran away, and police discovered that the passenger, 39, of East St. Louis, had been shot in the abdomen. He was in critical condition this morning, but expected to recover.

Police plan to seek charges against the man who fired the shots from inside the home and also seek charges against the men accused of trying to break into the house. "We can't have people firing outside of their homes at anyone, even if they are trying to break down your door or are firing into your home", said Chief Voloski.

The police are continuing searching for the driver who fled in East St. Louis.

So I guess he should of waited until the guys got in the house before he shot back? If some one is shooting at my door to get in....... I'm shooting back!!!!
  2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Yeah wait until the police arrive to protect you.:banghead: So if this guy would have been shooting a fully automatic weapon into this other fella's house he was suppose to do what?

3. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Typical law enforcement attitude in the People's Republik of St. Louis.

Guns = Bad
    Sheeple should not protect themselves
    Police are all-powerful, we should just let them take care of things

I sure as heck would start firing back if bullets were being fired at me.
  4. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Uh, I just looked up this article and it does NOT say they will seek charges against the homeowner. Maybe the article has been changed?
  5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Yeah I am not just gonna sit there and wait on them to fire their way in!!!
  6. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I might try to find CHief VOloski's phone number and tell him what a piece of crap I think he is. :toilet:
  7. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    If you live in Colorado, its called the Make my Day Law. you can shoot anyone in/on your property thats a threat to you and or your family.

i dont care what state i live in. If someone were to do that to me, i would not miss.
  8. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    I\'d be shooting back too!!

9. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    The Supreme Court of Missouri, who have probably never been confronted with shady characters shooting in its door, takes a very dim view of deadly force. In Missouri, a person may not use deadly force upon another person unless he
    reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself
    or another against death, serious physical injury, rape, sodomy or
    kidnapping or serious physical injury through robbery, burglary or arson. The threat better be real and imminent. A Cooper County resident caught felony charges last year just for answering his door holding a handgun. So, be careful with your guns anywhere in Missouri. There is an old saying though, "It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

10. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    The St. Liberal Post Disgrace will say or write anything to make law enforcement bad. The stuff they print for the most part is slanted way to the left.. Charges were not filed against the homeowner, only the scum bag. This did happen in Madison, Illinois.
  11. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    well if someone shoots into my house the better plan on some return fire. if they are just breaking in the they will still get fired at.
  12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yeah its kind of like a story i heard (prolly untrue) Back in the day there was a farmer who kept getting tools and various things stolen from his barn. So, after months of loosing money, the cops doing nothing, he decided to take matters into his own hands.. He proceeded to paint on his barn, "Enter at your own risk. The doors are rigged with shotguns, if you enter you WILL be shot"

He rigged 2 12 guage shotguns inside so that when the door was opened the trespassers would be shot.. A few days later, the old farmer was asleep and BOOM BOOM... the theives were back. Soon as the guns went off, the farmer called the cops and they came out. Took the 2 thieves to the hospital with life threatening injuries. Miraculously they lived. They then proceeded to sue the farmer and won several million dollars in damages...

The moral of the story...

If worse comes to worse, shoot to kill

*Disclaimer, I am in no way responsible for any actions taken by the above statement. I can not be held liable for ingorant crooks who get shot, injured and possibly worse..*
  13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yessss thats awesome!
  14. Big John

Big John Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    The problem is he didn't wait til the door was open, the second they entered the house they are fair game. The law states you do NOT have to retreat from your home slide a chair or couch out get behind it get a steady rest when they are in SHOOT THEM DEAD!! Dead men tell no lies or sue you!!!
  15. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    For any of you that have local thieves.
    My buddy had a problem with a thief. Would steel just about anything. So he decided to put a 5 gallon gas can out full of gas. After about a week he checked it and more than half was gone. He didn't tell the thief that the sugar was a bonus!!!:rotfl:
    A few days later he drove past a nieghbor that he expected being the thief. He was out working on his ATV. He has never seen that ATV run again!!!!!:rotfl:
    I love that story!!!